Old 06-26-2015, 08:49 AM   #11

By the way. The pic you see was from the dealership. She had considerable squat before I put the EQ hitch on but practically was eliminated after I put it. They were nice enough to let me test pull the trailer before I bought it. This pic is from the test pull.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 01-23-2016, 09:51 PM   #12
Happy Camper

I use a 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 with towing package. It shows that I am pushing the limit on weight with my 2015 321BHTS (by published info) but I have towed over 1,500 miles with no problems. Trans temp got to 200 during a mid-July tow to the beach in heavy traffiic with no obvious dificulty. I own a large vehicle service facility in central Alabama so I make sure my vecicle can get me there & back.
Happy Camping.

Old 02-24-2016, 05:39 PM   #13

Glad I found this thread....

I have been looking for reviews on this model for a while and not found them. We have a 2014 Ford Expedition with the tow package. 9000lb limit with a weight distributing hitch (haven't picked one yet). This model looks perfect. The weight is less than its competitors and the finishes look good. It has 3 slides with an island and access to the bathroom from the exterior.

Do you guys mind posting a quick review on your first year with the trailer? Are you happy? Was it easy to tow? Was the 36' an issue? Did you have it out in any cold weather and did it hold up? Did you make any modification or would you suggest any options? I read the other posts in the thread and got some good info so far.

Thanks for any advice. We are in Chicago and spent two days at the Rosemont/Chicago RV Show and have ruled out most other models. Unfortunately the 321 was not at the show. Just trying to gather as much info as I can before buying.

G
Old 02-25-2016, 02:58 PM   #14

We've owned our 321 BHTS for over a year. We spent a majority of the summer in it last year including a 3 week stretch non-stop. We are also planning on living in it for all of next summer. We love it. What sold us was the finishes, how the cabinet hinges were flush, how the overhead cabinets stayed up, and the full size queen bed to name a few.
I tow it with my 2001 1/2 ton and it does ok throughout eastern Michigan where it is relatively flat. I did take it to the west side of the state and had to go up some hills and dunes. The truck struggled but we made it through. I do plan on getting a larger truck in the near future so we can branch out and camp throughout the country.
Old 02-26-2016, 10:47 PM   #15
fx2

We've had our 321 for 2 years and love it. Plenty of room for the kids and others if we want to bring tag alongs. We love the ability to have the kids sleeping in the bunk area and close the door to watch a movie. I've towed it with a 2012 F150, a 2014 Ram 2500 and a 2016 F150. With the Equal-i-zer hitch it tows well with all of them. I'm going to be putting airbags on the F150 just for some added stability but it's still within its limits.

I wouldn't hesitate in buying one again.
Old 02-27-2016, 01:58 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx2 View Post
We've had our 321 for 2 years and love it. Plenty of room for the kids and others if we want to bring tag alongs. We love the ability to have the kids sleeping in the bunk area and close the door to watch a movie. I've towed it with a 2012 F150, a 2014 Ram 2500 and a 2016 F150. With the Equal-i-zer hitch it tows well with all of them. I'm going to be putting airbags on the F150 just for some added stability but it's still within its limits.

I wouldn't hesitate in buying one again.

Awesome. Thanks.
Old 04-07-2016, 02:42 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtershel View Post
I have been looking for reviews on this model for a while and not found them. We have a 2014 Ford Expedition with the tow package. 9000lb limit with a weight distributing hitch (haven't picked one yet). This model looks perfect. The weight is less than its competitors and the finishes look good. It has 3 slides with an island and access to the bathroom from the exterior.

Do you guys mind posting a quick review on your first year with the trailer? Are you happy? Was it easy to tow? Was the 36' an issue? Did you have it out in any cold weather and did it hold up? Did you make any modification or would you suggest any options? I read the other posts in the thread and got some good info so far.

Thanks for any advice. We are in Chicago and spent two days at the Rosemont/Chicago RV Show and have ruled out most other models. Unfortunately the 321 was not at the show. Just trying to gather as much info as I can before buying.

G

It's been a year with ours and really had some good camping in it. She is very heavy when loaded my dodge 3/4 tnn is good for suspension but getting up the BC mountains has proved challenging I need more torque and horsepower. We had some defects that made me think the quality could have been better but it was all fixed through warranty. The only real downside to this trailer for me is how shaky it is when parked. I'm going to add aftermarket stabilizers this spring to try and remedy that. Otherwise we love it with 3 boys we've found the back bedroom is great!

Tags
surveyor