Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2011, 01:28 PM   #1

Surveyor 5th wheels... Where did they go?

After totaling out our Tow vehicle(2006 Silverado) in April, and replacing it with on that has a higher tow rating(2010 Silverado), I was looking at the Forest River website and noticed that they no longer have the Surveyor 5th wheels listed. I've always considered them as a possible replacement for our SV291 when we decided the time was right to upgrade. I hope that they are not gone for good. But it will be a couple of more years as we hadn't planned on replacing our truck.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:55 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

They've been off of the website for awhile and I've wondered about that too. I concluded that they are no longer making 5th wheel Surveyors.
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:57 AM   #3

When I bought my SP293 my dealer told me that Surveyor had went to nothing but travel trailers because they wanted to focus just on trailers with the goal of working them up to the higher end of the mid price level travel trailers. I also don't think the fifth wheels were a big seller for them. I have personally never seen one on the road.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:23 PM   #4

I have a 2009 SVF285 RL 5er. We love it ! You are correct I do not see any on the road at all. Mine is about 32 foot and dry weight around 8K. TV is a 2001 HD Duramx.
chevy2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:42 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by acadianbob View Post
They've been off of the website for awhile and I've wondered about that too. I concluded that they are no longer making 5th wheel Surveyors.
The surveyor fifth wheels were off the site... for a while. If you look under surveyor East, you will find them listed once again.

Looks like the economy is rebounding and they are offering the fifth wheels once more. They appear relatively the same except they don't offer the torsion suspension any more. Too bad, it was one of the premium features! (IMHO).

Shineysideup
shineysideup is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel