Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2016, 07:40 PM   #1

Surveyor blinds

On the maiden cruise with my new FR Surveyor, and discovered that the blinds on the slide window won't close. Pulling on the cord does nothing. I was able to manually close them, but was wondering if anyone has had that problem and how difficult it would be to repair. I don't think I will be pulling it back to the dealer (an hour and a half away) for that. I would actually like to eventually replace it with the accordion type anyway. I'll probably take them off when I get back home and have a look. Feels like the cords are just not connected to any thing.
dlwilliams48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 08:23 AM   #2

The blinds come off very easy, if I were you I would contact Surveyor and see if they will send you a new blind. When you take the blind out there is a number on the top of it they will need.

I have blind issues too but mine are the reclines don't close easily and have slid back and cracked 2 of the blinds, my dealer has them on order along with new recliners that will hopefully close.
2018 25 2019 25
2020 24 2021 28 2022 302023 30
Coolharts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 06:51 PM   #3

Thanks for the response. I'm back home now and may try to get the blinds off tomorrow morning.

I can't help but notice that for the majority of the posts in this forum (Surveyor), there are very few comments or responses for the number of folks viewing. I find that interesting.
Old 08-08-2016, 09:39 AM   #4

Update: Turned out it was an easy fix once I removed and had a look.

Tags
surveyor