Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2011, 09:48 AM   #1

Surveyor Mega Sofa

We looked at the floorplans for Surveyor but couldn't find any in the select group with table and chairs. Is the huge sofa comfortable for eating and watching TV? Otherwise we have the 301 model on the watch list.

Thanks, Bill & Cheryl
rancherwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:24 AM   #2

We have the SV-305 with the giant u-shaped sofa. It's awesome! It was actually the selling point for our TT. There was just something about the regular-sized sofa and the dinette that made most layouts seem cramped. The giant sofa opens up the entire space. We've comfortably eaten at the table with 6 adults, using two bar stools on the opposite side of the table. With the small dinette, nobody could sit on the one side to watch TV. With the huge coach, everyone can see the TV and the table folds down into a coffee table, which is perfect for propping up tired feet.
2012 Surveyor SV-305
cupprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 07:58 AM   #3

Thanks for the couch input. How does your half ton truck handle the 305?

Bill
rancherwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:03 PM   #4

With the 10,100lb tow package, I have no troubles at all. Might add some air bags to stiffen it up a little. However, I think it leaks gasoline when I tow, 'cause the gauge goes down fast. ;-)
2012 Surveyor SV-305
cupprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 08:55 AM   #5

Im pulling my 305 with the 2011 Ecoboost F150 with the MAX TOW pkg at 11,300 max and GCVWR of 16,000 lbs. The engine pulls fine up the hills. On your 305, does the TV pivot toward the couch? Mine has a blocker and hits the stops in the cabinet and only pivots toward the front door when rotating into the bedroom. I think this in an oversight as it should pivot toward the couch with the stops in the cabinet on the other side.
Nrmlspeed is offline   Reply With Quote