Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2017, 01:17 PM   #21

Smile

When we started looking at TT's we saw several different makes and models as most everyone does.

When we finished our day of looking my wife and I agreed that the Surveyor line is the standard by which we measure the others.

We haven't bought one yet but the Surveyor is still one of the best all around for what we are looking at.

Since we have added King Bed to the must have list it has made the available models smaller in number.
'17 XLT Screw | Oxford White | FX4 | 3.5L EB | 3.55 ELD | 302A |Chrome Pkg | Max Tow Pkg w/TBC | 36 Gal. Tank | Bak MX4 & BedRug | WeatherTech Deflectors, Floor Liners, & Mud Flaps | VA Navi | SYNC 3 Connect | Tailgate Step & Damper | Husky Liners | Goodyear Wrangler Fortitude HT 275/65R18

My wife and I are looking for our 1st travel trailer.
LynnGlaze13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 05:58 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnGlaze13 View Post
...When we finished our day of looking my wife and I agreed that the Surveyor line is the standard by which we measure the others.

We haven't bought one yet but the Surveyor is still one of the best all around for what we are looking at...
Overall, I think Surveyors are a cut above the rest. Our shopping experience showed that they just seemed more refined and I liked how they were framed/built.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnGlaze13 View Post
.....Since we have added King Bed to the must have list it has made the available models smaller in number...
On the Surveyor line, that will limit you to the 33K(RETS/RLOK/RLTS).

In all honesty, as much as I love F150's, I wouldn't throw any of those behind either of our trucks.

2017 Forest River Surveyor 247BHDS...
...Tugged by a 2016 F250 XLT FX4 SuperCrew, Shortbed 6.2L, 4wd, 3.73...
...Joined with a Husky Centerline TS 800-1200lbs WDH
clarkbre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 06:25 PM   #23

[QUOTE=clarkbre;1641435]Overall, I think Surveyors are a cut above the rest. Our shopping experience showed that they just seemed more refined and I liked how they framed/built.

X2
2Bryans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 09:04 PM   #24

Wait until you hit a few road bumps an things like the Trim, TV fell off the wall mount and all. The glue separates between the slide-out wall and floor (I could see day light), water tanks have bowed down and needed under support or they would fall out, water pump failure, Tires may last past 1500 mile, springs may not squeak and creek so loud the windows have to be up in the tow vehicle.
As one of the Forest river owners said, they are an adventure, you never know what would fall apart and need fixing on every trips.
But maybe, my new Surveyor most likely was built on a monday or Friday.
szabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 09:58 PM   #25

We love our 2017 Surveyor 251rks. We had a Palomino Solaire 199x hybrid; loved the room and the layout but the quality and workmanship was really bad. Before we bought the 251rks I compared it to the Keystone Passport 248rks. I showed my DW the difference between the two trailers and the quality differences between the 2 brands. She agreed and we bought the 251rks on the spot. We have not been sorry since. Our friends and family that we bring along like the tri-fold couch/bed. Our bathroom is huge full width of the trailer. Surveyor knows how to build in lots of storage. We haven't made any modifications except where I keep tools (hangers for WD bars and hand cranks). We added a gel-topper to our full queen bed and foam topper for the tri-fold bed for our quests. Will be adding battery shutoff and power monitoring device (hard wired or portable).

We are looking forward to heading west next year after I am fully retired.
Good luck with your choice. I don't think you can go wrong a Surveyor trailer. They are better than the majority that I looked at and I looked at plenty.

DustyRoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 06:40 AM   #26

We have had our Surveyor for 1 1/2 years and have used it regularly. We are very happy with the camper, every so often I need to do a fix on a loose molding but nothing major. FR and the dealer have fixed items in and out of warranty and refinished the nose cap. I installed a second A/C but very few other mods. Yes, I replaced the tires with Maxxis tires 10 PLY but I used the Constancys on my car hauler.

I would not recommend a large Surveyor behind an F150, the camper is fairly heavy and needs a heavy 3/4 ton in front of it. We have a queen bed and is plenty for us, we looked at the king bed setups and it takes away some space. We love having a residential refrigerator and the inverter for it works just fine. We keep it plugged into a 30 AMP when at home.

Future mods include a 12V power outlet to help with pumping up air mattresses and USB charging outlets otherwise it really came well equipped. We call it our "Hilton on Wheels'"
2018 25 2019 25
2020 24 2021 28 2022 302023 30
Coolharts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 05:39 PM   #27

We have the 22 sport. Wish we would have gotten the double slide. Been quite a few issues. All fixable so far. I will be very wary on the next one. Just hope there better than mine. Good luck with your decision.like one member stated they all have their own issues.
laughingdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 06:12 PM   #28
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughingdog View Post
We have the 22 sport. Wish we would have gotten the double slide. Been quite a few issues. All fixable so far. I will be very wary on the next one. Just hope there better than mine. Good luck with your decision.like one member stated they all have their own issues.
Surveyor doesn't make a 22 Sport.
Did you mean a 220 Sport?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
surveyor