Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2007, 06:06 PM   #1

Question Surveyor options

We're planning to purchase an SV 264 (which has small sofa slide) in the coming months and are seeking advice around additional options we should order over and above the interior/exterior luxury packages + ladder. Specifically, are the following useful additions?

- slide topper
- electric jack
- tinted safety glass vs day/night shades

Each of the above adds around $250 to $300 to cost. Thoughts on any or all of these would be appreciated.

Ron
ronmadill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:16 PM   #2
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
I LOVE the day/night shades! We have tinted glass as well, but the shades are really nice. You can still see out with the first layer...and get some light.
The other makes it dark, cool, and opaque. Really sweet. One of my favorite options on my trailer.

If you live where it's real hot...a slide topper may help. One more thing to maintain and clean as far as I'm concerned. I really have no use for one.

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 04:41 AM   #3

Power Jack! I really like this option.
Dick
dichayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 06:35 AM   #4

Yes to all

slide topper keeps the leaves, sticks, and other stuff off the top of your slide which would then get into your trailer when you pull the slide in

electric jack because power is good

I would do both the tint and day/night shades. I have both and dig ‘em.

greg
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 07:31 AM   #5
RAC

Love the day/night shades.

Slide toppers are OK. There are cons to them as well.
RAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 07:37 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredArmyCWO View Post
Slide toppers are OK. There are cons to them as well.
If they aren't installed properly (at a good angle) then they can and will collect water when it rains and start sagging and looking like crap. Just make sure it's done right.
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 11:21 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmadill View Post
We're planning to purchase an SV 264 (which has small sofa slide) in the coming months and are seeking advice around additional options we should order over and above the interior/exterior luxury packages + ladder. Specifically, are the following useful additions?

- slide topper
- electric jack
- tinted safety glass vs day/night shades

Each of the above adds around $250 to $300 to cost. Thoughts on any or all of these would be appreciated.

Ron
Thanks everyone for your responses. After posting this I discovered a thread that dealt with slide toppers. There appear to be two distinct camps - those that love them and those that see them as just something else to go wrong and keep clean. Seems to me the pros outweigh the cons, so will probably order one with trailer. Ditto the power jack. Advise seems to be to go with both the tinted glass AND d/n shades. Makes sense, but not sure budget will allow. If we have to choose one over the other, we're probably leaning towards the shades. Thanks again.

Ron
ronmadill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 12:14 PM   #8

Does anyone have experience with the 250 model. The wife and I have looked at this an like it. My other question is, if someone has one have they weight it? My TV is a GMC Safari with a 5500 tow weight. I am thinking this might be pushing the limit.

Steve
ksdiesen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 12:19 PM   #9
Site Team

If you camp anywhere in the lower half of the US put the tinted windows with the shades at the top of your list (and this may be true in the northern half). If you have to leave off something make it the slide topper. I'm a lover of the slide topper but it's not a huge necessity like I consider the others to be.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:31 PM   #10

I have the electric jack, yes get one, I have the slide topper, needs to be maintained, good to have, as far as tinted windows I do not have, but wish I did, they help reduce the heat load for A/C in the Summer time, if you can get insulated tinted get them. The insulated tinted windows have black trim around them and they don't fade, unlike standard windows and just plain tinted windows they have white trim and they sometimes turn yellow and the plastic inserts between the glass and the frame will shink. White plastic will break down due to the sun and the eliments, black has been known to last longer.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 03:14 PM   #11

One other thing Day/Night shades, they also have to be maintained if they are too tight they will break, I just replaced one it is a 17x38 at a price of $45.00. I could live with out them, I think mini blinds are better.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
surveyor