Old 01-09-2014, 12:59 PM   #1

Surveyor Pilot 32RBDS

We're considering a Surveyor Pilot 32RBDS as our first tt. It appears this is a new line, should we have any concerns about buying a first year model? If anyone out here owns a Pilot we would love to hear your impression of the trailer. Thanks!

Old 01-09-2014, 01:12 PM   #2

Don't have the Pilot, but do have the Surveyor Select. pilot looks like an upgraded Select with a new front cap. VERY nice from the pictures I see. I would not have a problem purchasing another Surveyor. Only drawback for me(and it's just my personal thing) is the refrig. in the slideout. Other than that it looks beautiful, and based on our experience with our Surveyor I would think you would have good luck with this one. Hopefully, someone who actually has a Pilot will give you a better idea.
Good luck with your search and purchase. Remember to check on FR 2nd year warranty.

Old 01-09-2014, 01:32 PM   #3

the pilot series has taken the place of the Aviator line, why I have no idea. I guess they couldn't sell the 90,000 Aviator so they kept some of the floorplans and they branded them as pilot. i would not be afraid to buy one, but than I bought one of the 17 Ridgeviews they ever made and 1 of the 70 aviators ever built, both were mistakes.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:49 PM   #4

why were your purchases mistakes?
Old 01-10-2014, 05:48 AM   #5

well the Ridgeview was such a lemon they took it back to the factory, rebuilt it , returned it and it still had major issues causing us to trade it in. the Aviator although having minor break in issues, lost so much value due to FR dumping them into the market place at such a discounted price that those of us who bought them before the great dump off are stuck with them as they will never be worth what we owe. Good luck with your decision. I have had 4 highend FR products in the past 5 years, there will not be a 5th.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:07 PM   #6

I don't know about replacing the Aviator, but it does look like the Surveyor Select series is gone. These TT are not priced anywhere near the Aviator (pre-dump) price but are priced higher than the Select series was.
Old 01-10-2014, 01:21 PM   #7

My Select has been good enough that I would not be afraid to buy the Pilot. However, it's also been good enough that I don't think I'll be on the market for some time.

schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
surveyor