Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2018, 01:45 PM   #41

6 months of owning a new 2018 200MBLE and this thing has had dozens of issues, I love the layout, design, and price, but the quality control is horrific.
Jbrowland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 08:36 AM   #42

Same here with our 200mble....Love it, but every time DH goes to do something he finds more that needs to be rectified one way or the other...
2-J's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 12:06 AM   #43

Absolutely loved my surveyor 33KRETS until we found the bedroom slide leaking. Spoken to surveyor and they are going to warranty it out. But the front pass through, the slide compartment and the inside of the bedroom
All have water damage now. I think the damage is massive and don’t really know how all of this is going to be salvaged. We see black mold under the floor in the bedroom and that scares me. I’m so upset but glad surveyor is stepping up and fingers crossed this turns out good. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3144.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	216.5 KB
ID:	188856
soapydonutzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 12:27 AM   #44

To add to the list of the quality issues on our trailer....

The garbage frame built by Lippert is less than pathetic. At 4k miles, a spring hanger separated from the frame. 2 welding shops confirmed that the welds from the factory never bonded to the frame...simply put, the welds didn't stick. So, the spring hanger came off causing it to flip and shift the axles.

Currently, the trailer has been in the shop 36 days and Lippert did accept liability of the manufacturing error 48 days ago. Still though, the new spring hangers have not been shipped to the welder and Lippert has been dragging their feet to expedite the repair.

Lesson learned...Surveyors are just as bad as all others. The dealer, Forest River and component manufacturers are all crooked SOB's that put $$$ over customer safety 100 to 1.
clarkbre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 09:53 PM   #45

Our camper is only 17 months old and really thought this would be the last one we bought! I was so wrong thinking the quality was better then my skyline. I am beyond upset.
soapydonutzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 10:40 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapydonutzs View Post
Our camper is only 17 months old and really thought this would be the last one we bought! I was so wrong thinking the quality was better then my skyline. I am beyond upset.
I guess with campers it is hit and miss on quality.
2018 25 2019 25
2020 24 2021 28 2022 302023 30
Coolharts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 12:54 AM   #47

We have had no problems other than a toilet leak that was repaired by the dealer. We bought it and lived in it for 3 months and are happy with the unit. I can't say the same thing for the Montana that had multiple issues that didn't seem to end or the Jayco Eagle that we still have but was a nightmare for the first 18 months we had it.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 07:59 PM   #48

I have a 2015 Surveyor 251RKS that I love. This is my second camper. That said, there have been some challenges. First, the nose cone faded after less than a year. FR would not repair or repaint the nose as it was two months out of warranty so I had it done myself for about $1200. They did send new decals. I then had the unit ceramic coated and it has looked great with little effort for over two years.
There are always annoying little things like cabinet doors not lining up, poorly covered nail holes, etc that were noticed way too late for the dealer to do anything about it.
I highly recommend really taking your time to go over a new rig before delivery. Even then it's crap shoot as to whether the dealer will correct small items.
We have had many, many enjoyable miles and adventures. Sometime, you have to look past the little stuff.
BurkF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 10:49 PM   #49
Jayhawker

Took delivery or our 2018 Surveyor 243RBS in June of last year, and took 3 separate trips of 10 days each. Bought the unit from Couch RV in Hamilton, Ohio and had it delivered to our house in Overland Park, KS, so no PDI. No "problems" encountered except minor ones and I would prefer to do the work myself. This is our second TT so the PDI was not an issue for us. Quality of the Surveyor is much better than our last TT purchased in 2012, which was a Shadow Cruiser.
Jayhawker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quality, surveyor