Old 12-27-2017, 05:25 PM   #1

Surveyor Quality - are you happy?

Wife and I have owned a couple of Flagstaff products in the past and were happy with the quality. We really like the looks of the Surveyor 201RB and went and looked at one in person today.

Somewhat disappointed that one of the reading lights was flopping around due to stripped screws, the show curtain was broken from the track (lower track was bent) and EVERY drawer and door pull was obviously crooked. I know the industry is in bad shape, but teenager must of done the finish work. As much as the wife wanted to buy, I walked away worried about what I could plainly see was a lack of care/attention to detail - she thinks I am overreacting?

Thoughts - would you buy again?

Thanks,
Jack

jeshoffstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 08:44 AM   #2

We've been very happy with ours.....2012 SP280. No major issues; good features; excellent quality. But like anything else, things can change over the years. But based on our experience with this one, we would certainly look at Surveyor first if we were looking for a new one.

2007 Ford F-150, 4.6L V-8
Equal-i-zer
ptt87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 02:52 PM   #3

Thanks to a fellow GA RV'er - we do appreciate the input.
Old 12-28-2017, 03:52 PM   #4

As impressed as you can be with the quality of travel trailers...I have been. We've put about 20k miles and 2-300 nights in our Surveyor and it has been a pleasure. Sure, there were a few "what were they thinking" discoveries and a few things that broke not being up to the abuse. When comparing to others, we're very pleased!

tragusa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 01:31 PM   #5

surveyor

We looked at quite a few different RV's and I, as a home builder, could find something wrong with most of them if I wanted the perfection I demanded when I first started building homes 35 years ago. Now we have a Surveyor 265 RLDS due at the end of January. The key is the overall quality and being within a reasonable distance of warranty service (hopefully it's one that doesn't scare you with the "if you didn't buy it from us" line). That way the little items that invariably arise will be fixed. Remember that building with "light" materials can have some inherent risks if not treated respectfully. The Surveyors are nice units but if you ask me in 6 months I might change my mind but I don't think that will happen.
yakmeat123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 01:39 PM   #6

2016 245bhs

We've got two seasons on a 2016 245BHS and have had no issues. We've thought from the beginning that the materials and build quality are above average. Others have stopped in to check it out and thought the same thing. Surprised to hear that you are finding otherwise. Hopefully they are not cheaping out and letting quality slide.
Old 12-29-2017, 02:06 PM   #7

We have been very happy with our Surveyor. IMO it has held up well and very few things have needed attention. Our biggest headache was the furniture and nose cap fading but our dealer has been awesome in getting that stuff fixed, a couple of things even out of warranty.
2018 25 2019 21
Coolharts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 02:07 PM   #8

Thanks everyone for the replies - well aware of declining quality across the industry, just wanted to make sure Surveyor was at least middle of the road. I think the unit we looked at was rushed, they have a second one inbound that we will probably purchase!

Thanks,
Jack
Old 12-29-2017, 02:30 PM   #9

We just spent a year full timing, most of it in our 265 RLDS. We had zero problems with the rig until I tried boondocking and the freaky water pump didn’t work. Otherwise, all good and we put on a lot of miles, used all the systems except as noted. We really. Like our surveyor. FR did cover repainting the faded front and rear.
relee52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 02:48 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by relee52 View Post
We just spent a year full timing, most of it in our 265 RLDS. We had zero problems with the rig until I tried boondocking and the freaky water pump didnít work. Otherwise, all good and we put on a lot of miles, used all the systems except as noted. We really. Like our surveyor. FR did cover repainting the faded front and rear.
Our water pump quit too. The dealer found a kink in the hose above the water tank. I do have the 1 year warranty extension and it paid for a new water pump.

2018 25 2019 21
Coolharts is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quality, surveyor