Old 07-05-2010, 06:35 PM   #1

Surveyor S294 Slide

I have a 2010 Surveyor 294 and was wondering if it was normal for the right side of the slide to come in first followed by the left side with about a 3 second delay?

I asked the dealer about it and they said "it was normal" but since then I have seen and spoken to other surveyor (not the 294 though) owners and both there sides come in the same time with just some tilting which is apparently normal.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated - Thanks!!!!!

Old 07-05-2010, 07:36 PM   #2

I have an SV-291 and they do not come in at the same time either, but not three seconds either. Very shortly afterwards the other settles into its place.

In my my previous trailer both sides came in at the same time.

Old 07-05-2010, 07:51 PM   #3

Thanks.....It's more around the 1-2 second mark (appearing as if the left side is moving over to the right, then left side moves in). We just got back from a weekend trip and we met folks there with a brand new sv295 and I watched theirs come in about the same time. They in turn came over and watched ours and noted a fair difference. Not sure if all the models are the same or if this is something unique to the SV294
Old 07-05-2010, 08:51 PM   #4

You would think it would all be the same, the only difference between your and my trailer is the rear bunk/washroom configuration. The slideout area, kitchen is exactly the same as far as I can remember.

My slideout makes a lot of up and down tilting movements as it goes out and comes back. I wonder if all of that is normal sometimes As they go on a rail, one would think they they would just slide in and out with a slide tilt to top.bottom at the end and start.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:36 PM   #5

Surveyor S294 Slide

I had the same problem about three to four years after we purchased our tt new. Not only would one side come in before the other, but the inside edge of the slide-out would rise up and then settle down after the slide-out was either fully extended outside or fully retracted inside. According to the repairman at the shop the aluminum frame had separated, so he replaced it with a wood frame. My RV is an '05 GS29 and so far we haven't had that same problem since the repair. Other problems yes, that one no.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:11 AM   #6

Binding Rear Slide

I had the same problem on my 2008 255RS. I phoned FR and they sent me a new set of top trolley’s - they said old style kept failing. After I looked closely, sure enough one was broke. They weren't hard to install, you just need to remove the front wood panel at the top. Now I'm trying to figure out how to adjust the box on the rollers; when closed the passenger side of the slide drops down < 1". Any thoughts? Oh yea, I also experienced a leak in the slide which occurred after the slide was left extended. I now see delamination on the exterior rear wall of the slide. I taped up all the seams with Enternabond covering all the screws, seams etc...
Old 08-01-2010, 04:02 PM   #7

We have a 2010 and it does the exact same thing!
Hensley TruControl Gold Brake Controller
scweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 05:03 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by scweaver View Post
We have a 2010 and it does the exact same thing!
There are so many problems with with Forest Rivers RV's that I wish we could all hold them accountable for their lack of quality control. It seems as if they crank out their RVs' assembly line fashion and don't take time to assure everything will be built to the consumers satisfaction. These repairs are not only disappointing but also expensive. And as we know the problem doesn't always happen in our driveway. I was hoping to spend my retirement money and years traveling not repairing what I hoped was going to be a quality trailer. I've had to forego some trips (plural) because after the repair bills I couldn't afford to take the trip I was wanting to take. Often these problems happened after the walk through and the warranty has lapsed. It almost seems to be not consumer beware, but consumer got ya. I've read some forum entries where the consumer was happy with their RV but there are so many more where the consumer is not happy about some problem or lack of quality materials that were used to assemble the RV.
I can't afford to buy another TT so I guess I'll have to baby and repair this thing for as long as I can take and afford it. I do like to travel by trailer so I guess it is a matter of having to grin and bear it.

Tags
surveyor