Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2013, 06:42 PM   #1

surveyor SC280 external propane connection

Hello all, Recently purchased my first TT. I was told by the sales guy thet there was an external propane connection. I found it near the rear of the TT but for the life of me can't get the screw off. Cranked it pretty hard but no go.
Has anyone tried to us the one on their TT.
Thanks for the help
Jeff
harpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:28 PM   #2

I can't comment on the type of connection/port you may have, whether it's just a capped off T, or a quick connect port , or screw connection. But it is probably fed from the low pressure side of the regulator up near the tanks. So my first thought is, even if you get connected, what are you going to do with it? If you're going to run it to a BBQ for example, you won't have enough pressure unless you remove the regulator on the BBQ. If you will do this then OK, but if you don't want to modify your propane equipment then you need to run a hose directly from the tank(s) before the regulator to get full pressure. Bottom line is that you can't run propane through 2 regulators and expect things to work.

I throw a 20# tank in the back of the truck for the BBQ. Or you can buy a T valve, and extension hoses to run a BBQ (and other LP equipment) right off the trailer tanks.
SCOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 06:53 AM   #3

A picture would be really helpful. I have 2 of them on my trailer and they are quick connects. 1 for the outside burners and 1 for the BBQ that came with the trailer.
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 CC Outdoorsman
PrairieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:35 AM   #4
Sunseeker 2500TS owner

It might be a quick connect, like used on an air hose, external hose snaps in while you pull back fitting, or
It is left hand thread, some propane connections are left handed, so it would turn opposite direction of normal.
ejkkj is offline   Reply With Quote