Old 06-05-2013, 06:25 PM   #1

Surveyor Sport 220

About to pull the trigger on a surveyor sport SP 220 and I was hoping for some feedback.. the good, bad and ugly, is what i'm after. Hoping for some honest opinions on if I am buying a quality rig. Hoping to get 9-10 years out of it.
Jodi

Old 06-05-2013, 09:55 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the forum! Hopefully some Surveyor Sport owners will happen along and provide some feedback.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:25 PM   #3

I have responded to your other request in the sp220 review thread. In shour we love ours and think it is the perfect couples camper. Very few minor issues so far and have been camping every other week since we got it earlier in the year. If you have any questions, please ask!
Old 06-06-2013, 12:35 PM   #4

We do not have the 220, but last week we brought our SP260 home. While I can really comment on the 220, so far the 260 has met our expectations and we have only found a few minor issues with our Forest River product. With that said, we haven't taken our out yet so we may find other issues when we do. Right now we are waiting on the new mattresses we ordered. The ones that came with the TT were, lets just say, way too hard.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:56 PM   #5

We just added a memory foam topper to ours and it feels great now.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:03 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanddc View Post
We just added a memory foam topper to ours and it feels great now.
We did a trial run on the toppers and felt we were better served in the long run to just replace our mattress as well as our 6 y/o's. What can I say, we like a lot of comfy sleep! LOL
Old 06-06-2013, 08:28 PM   #7

Its really amazing the difference a good night sleep can make. We actually got the top half way through the trip and it was amazing (I like my sleep too )
Old 06-06-2013, 10:01 PM   #8

Hi!
My wife and I just bought our 220P 3 weeks ago and are taking it up to Durango, Co. this weekend for a week on our maiden voyage. Yea! I have been impressed with the features and quality so far as I have been getting it ready for the trip. I did swap out the bathroom door for a folding door so we could access the bathroom while on the road and not put the slider out. I also put a better fan in the bathroom. Since we are not riding bikes anymore, I took the back bike rack off and mounted the spare tire to the back bumper (taking off the undercarriage tire rack and saving some weight there) . I also swapped out the heavy dual steel propane tanks for lightweight fiberglass ones. I will post after our trip how it went and what issues came up, if any. I hope you enjoy yours too! Happy camping!
Pete & Teresa
Old 06-07-2013, 12:34 PM   #9

Good luck and have fun on your first trip out. Good idea about the folding door. I will have to think about that one myself (never fails, as soon as I close the slide...). Did you do yours yourself? Was it very hard?

PS don't forget to bring back some pictures.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:46 PM   #10

folding door in 220p

Hi,
Yes, I put the folding door in myself, a job not as easy as one would hope. I'll send pics after our trip on the install. The hardest part was that the ceiling is a very thin plywood or veneer so I glued (with silicone sealant so I could get it off later if needed) and screwed the top trap to it. I then supported both sides of the folding door with the plastic 'door jambs' provided with the folding door to give the top track as much support as possible. I then mounted the magnets on the kitchen side and it seems to work well. I also had to take 3 panels out of the folding door itself to get the width right for the opening; just a little time consuming but not bad. The folding door cost us $46.00 at Lowes; they had the best selection, colors and prices.
More later!
Pete