Old 07-25-2011, 08:35 AM   #1
SV-264 City Water problem

The wife and I just bought a new 2012 SV-264. We took it out this weekend for the first time. I thought it was odd that the city water hookup was on the passenger side of the TT, right under the awning. When I hooked up the water hose and turned on the water, I could hear a "spraying" sound and I had to water inside the trailer. I quickly turned off the water and filled up the fresh water tank and just used the water pump for the weekend. In thinking about this problem this morning, I am wondering if they labeled the water intakes wrong. My black water flush hookup is on the drivers side of the trailer near the outdoor shower and electrical hookup. The labeled City Water hookup is right near the bathroom. I wish I had though of this when we were camping. To the surveyor owners out there, is the city water hookup supposed to be on the same side of the trailer as the electrical hookup? In looking at the forest river website, it looks like they labeled the hookups wrong.

MetalGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:08 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
City water connections are usually on the street sides (port side) of campers....but there is no guarantee. I would think that a black tank flush should also be mounted on the street side....but again, no guarantee.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2006 Ford F150 Super Cab 4x4
2008 Surveyor 263
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 01:48 PM   #3
Moderators' Assistant
pics would help.

just found this on another thread:

"I just spoke with Forest River, Surveyor division and the City Water and the Black Tank Flush connections are labeled incorrectly. The black water flush is on the left and the city water connection is on the right side of the trailer. They are sending us out new labels today"
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 02:14 PM   #4
I didn't realize it but my wife posted the same thing on another discussion group. She called Forest River and they verified that the connections were labeled wrong and are sending new decals.
MetalGator is offline   Reply With Quote