Old 07-11-2011, 09:28 PM   #1

Question SV-294 Black Tank Flush

I have a 2011 SV-294 with the lux package in and out. The dealer did not do a good job reviewing the options with me and this is my first trailer. Does anyone know if this trailer comes with a black water flush connector? Where is it located? Pic would help. There are a lot of hoses on the bottom with caps, but I think these are for drains. I found the fresh water drain by a process of elimination. If it is an option, can I add one. Anyone have any thoughts on how to add one? I hate having to dump water down the toilet when you have a line wating behind you at the dump!!!

2011 Surveyor SV-294
2010 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Limited
Reese dual cam sway/distribution hitch
Protagy brake control

Old 07-12-2011, 11:06 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv-294 camper View Post
I have a 2011 SV-294 with the lux package in and out. The dealer did not do a good job reviewing the options with me and this is my first trailer. Does anyone know if this trailer comes with a black water flush connector? Where is it located? Pic would help. There are a lot of hoses on the bottom with caps, but I think these are for drains. I found the fresh water drain by a process of elimination. If it is an option, can I add one. Anyone have any thoughts on how to add one? I hate having to dump water down the toilet when you have a line wating behind you at the dump!!!

2011 Surveyor SV-294
2010 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Limited
Reese dual cam sway/distribution hitch
Protagy brake control
If you have a factory-installed black tank flush there will be an additional city water input connection on the outside of your trailer labelled "Black Tank Flush" or something similar. It will also likely have a warning label about not using the flush system unless the black tank drain is connected and open.

If you don't have a factory-installed system, there are several after-market flush systems available from RV parts and accessory departments. They will usually do the installation, but it is a reasonably simple DIY (speaking from experience) particularly if your trailer is the "open" undercarraige design. Good Luck.

...VTX-AL

Old 09-07-2011, 11:18 AM   #3

Did you fing the Black Tank flush? Oddly, it's located on the opposite side of the trailer on my 2012 sv-294 unit. Why would the flush connector be on the opposite side as the drain valves? Sounds like an engineering snafu to me.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:07 PM   #4

Either your dealer installed your flush or that is something new for 2012. I do not have one and have the lux ext and int packages.

Tags
black tank, black tank flush