Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2012, 10:05 AM   #1

SV-305 junction box location?

Hello all, I'm looking to install a PI EMS-HW30C in my 2012 SV-305 and I was wondering if anyone knew the location of the junction box? It looks like there's probably something tucked away in a void under the sink behind the fuse panel but I haven't seen a way (yet) to get into that area to take a look. Does anybody know where it's hidden and/or how to access it?
fastfzr1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:16 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

A few unknowns here.
First off what specifically are you trying to install.
second what junction box are you looking for?

Are you looking for an electrical 110 wiring junction box
Or the converter.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:45 AM   #3

I want to install a 30a electrical management system to protect the trailer from power spikes and low voltage on the incoming AC lines. I haven't ordered the ems yet but the instruction say to cut the RV power cord about 6" longer that the distance between the junction box and the desired ems location and install it in-line. Since the sv305 uses a shore power cord, there may not be a power cord or a junction box (in the sense the ems instructions are referring to it) in the unit. Not sure. May just need to locate the proper wires on the line side and splice the ems in there. I would assume that I would want to splice in before power is delivered to the converter to protect it as well but not 100% sure.
fastfzr1k is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags