Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2010, 03:35 PM   #1

SV302 -Monitor panel question

On the monitor panel I have indicator lamps for Battery, Fresh, Grey, Black and GALLEY. I must have blinked on my walk thru because I cannot recall what the Galley light indicates. I have it 2/3 full right now. It does not mention the Galley indicator in my manual. Is it water in the galley? If so how is that different from FRESH?

thanks,
George
george13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 04:04 PM   #2

My 8313 has a galley tank too. It holds only the waste water from the cink and is separate from the other three tanks. You should have a separate discharge valve as well.
grandpaofthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 04:53 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by george13 View Post
On the monitor panel I have indicator lamps for Battery, Fresh, Grey, Black and GALLEY. I must have blinked on my walk thru because I cannot recall what the Galley light indicates. I have it 2/3 full right now. It does not mention the Galley indicator in my manual. Is it water in the galley? If so how is that different from FRESH?

thanks,
George
The galley tank usually holds the waste water from your kitchen sink.
Check your dump valves outside the TT. You should have three. Two valves will duimp out the same line (grey tank valve-shower, bathroom sink & black tank valve-toilet) while the third (galley tank valve-kitchen sink) has it's own line to dump from. Exact location of the vavles depends on your floorplan.
Each tank has it's own indicator light on the monitor panel.
At least that's the way it is on mine.

Remember to let your tanks fill at least 2/3'rds before dumping. Always dump the black first then your grey water tanks. That way the grey water can "wash out" you sewer hose.

I hope this helps. Good luck and happy camping!

I almost forgot. Gongrats on the new TT and welcome to the forum!
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:21 PM   #4

As others have stated, the galley monitor lights are for the kitchen.

One thing to remember, is that the lights for the tank level are not always correct. If the sensors are dirty, they won't read right.
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:30 AM   #5

thanks to all.

So this galley indicator is for the kitchen sink waste tank. I can only feel now that it must be being emptied automatically when I dump the grey water as over the last 3000 mile jaunt this tank never went beyond 1/3 and the amount of water that went down it over that time would have been significant. I only seeem to have a black valve and a grey valve at the flush port. I do see 2 caps on hose diameter fittings, one red and one blue next to the flush port ..... I need to get a manual from my dealer. The one I have is far to vague.

thanks again
George
george13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:32 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by george13 View Post
I do see 2 caps on hose diameter fittings, one red and one blue next to the flush port.
thanks again
George
Those are probably your low point drains on your water system.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
surveyor