Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2013, 08:00 PM   #21

Well I did a little investigating, but didn't get any answers. Firstly, here is my trailer:

here is a closeup of the light:

I measured with a voltmeter, no voltage at all. 12V light ohmed out OK, so I know it is good. I took the housing off:

This sure looks factory to me, it had some sealant on it but not that much, something the factory would do. I reassembled the light.

I went inside, turned on every light there is. it does not work. Where the light is located, it is right across from the bathroom medicine cabinet. While contemplating popping the cabinet off, I noticed a little hole in the wall panelling, about 1 inch above the medicine cabinet. I measured off the window on the inside, then transferred the measurements to the outside, and the hole would line up with the hole for the wires. There are no wires to see though... It appears to me it was somebody drilling from the outside of the trailer and went a little deep> There are still some wood fibers covering the hole to indicate it just barely poked through. I might be able to shove an inspection camera in there, but the wires are tight, so they are connected to something.

All of the fuses are OK in the converter box, I cannot figure this one out. Is there nobody else with a 2006 that has this light? I highly doubt it was added after, it would be impossible to run the wires.
crazyliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 08:07 PM   #22

If you gently pull on the wire you might be able to tell if they go up or down inside the wall. It may be a starting point.
jwedell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light