Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-08-2012, 12:38 AM   #1

SV305 problems

I have a 2011 survayor sv305 that has some issuse with it, I was hoping to get some feed back form some that has a survayor. The problems are as follow the the inside entertaiment stand with the spining tv looks to have shifted and dose not sping freely anymore, the pop up counter top has broken twice, the cabinet above stove makes rattiling nose when outside speakers are on and outside speakers are 2" off level from eachother. this is the short list that is being fix now that it is in the shop for the 5th time in less than a year. the major problems have been fixed I just hope that the small ones stop happening. can anyone help out with some input if you have had problems with your survayor also
Goodtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:41 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

I can't help you much with your questions, but I will move the thread to the Surveyor subforum so that more sv305 owners can see it.

Good luck and good to have you aboard. Enjoy the forums.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:51 AM   #3

Thank you for your help on this. This my first time on forums so I didn't know where to put my question at.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:45 PM   #4
daydreaming about camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodtimes View Post
I have a 2011 survayor sv305 that has some issuse with it, I was hoping to get some feed back form some that has a survayor. The problems are as follow the the inside entertaiment stand with the spining tv looks to have shifted and dose not sping freely anymore, the pop up counter top has broken twice, the cabinet above stove makes rattiling nose when outside speakers are on and outside speakers are 2" off level from eachother. this is the short list that is being fix now that it is in the shop for the 5th time in less than a year. the major problems have been fixed I just hope that the small ones stop happening. can anyone help out with some input if you have had problems with your survayor also
We looked hard at the SV305, but the dealer decided they could find a better deal.

Anyway - I recall one model had a flip up countertop extension, I think it used a piano hinge. what problem exactly are you having with it?
The rotating TV hardware is pretty generic to many models, has the actual cabinet shifted or is the TV crooked and putting more weight on one side vs another?
Did you not notice the speakers being off level when you took delivery? Can't say I looked closely at that myself, but truly nothing you want to do with that now. Not worth cutting patching holes in the side of the camper ot even fix that now.

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:33 PM   #5

When I took delivery I didn't see that the speakers were off till two day later. It's in the shop now getting fixed because of a smaller crack in the fiberglass. As for as the tv goes its the whole thing has shifted, all the joints are off and under it where the cable plugs the panel has fallen down. The counter top is on two brackets that fold up. The first time it broke the brackets came off the cabinet and now the brackets stayed on the cab and the top pulled off the brackets. I'm starting to think that I got a poorly built trailer. Like I said these are the smaller problems. The big problems consisted of the front half of my roof was not screwed down just the rubber roofing stretched over it to hold it down, the bottom bunk with my daughter sleeping on it feel into the out side storage compartment, it was held in by 1 1/4 staples into the 1/8 paneling not screwed into the metal studs. The wheel skirt on the slide out was not centered so if I turned sharp or hit a bump the tire rubbed on the skirt, again did not see till I got it home and seen a run mark on the tire. To fix they had to order new skirt and metal valance for the slide out. There is more just to much to list, it's mostly fixed whith this last trip to the shop.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:34 PM   #6

Correction on the model it's the SV304
Old 11-11-2012, 01:00 AM   #7

My trailer was built on Thursday July 28, right at the end of the run. They started building their 10th Anniversary edition beginning of August. I have about 40 items that need to be taken care of. Every wall in the 2 slides has gouges in the wall. All 3 doors are warped and separating, door knob is bent. Carpet in slide is cut, Bunkhouse slide out of alignment and does not seal properly when in. Stain on couch cushion, hole in the couch box under cushion, stain on 2 lights, broken wall paneling in bunkhouse. Both shower heads flow past the water shut off, fresh water tank filling from fresh water external connection, sewer smell coming from ball valve. Outside speakers are the biggest piece of junk, totally unusable. Ladder pulled off trailer the first time i used it. TV replaced. Lots of minor stuff. Surveyor assures me that they will take care of everything. We will see when I get the trailer back.
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 CC Outdoorsman
PrairieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
305, counter top, select, speaker noise