Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2009, 03:41 PM   #1

Location: South-Central Indiana; 25 miles north of Louisville, Ky
SVF306BH & other 5th wheels by Surveyor

About a yr ago I was doing some research on new RVs to buy but I wasn't ready financially to take the plunge. Now I am getting closer this year and wanted to find the specs of the 5th wheels by Surveyor. Problem is I can't find them anymore. Does Forest River still make 5vers in Surveyor and if so how can I find the height w/ an A/C? I have a storage area for an RV but only 11ft high clearance. Seems like I remember seeing something where the 5vers were under 11feet but didn't say if that included the A/C unit.

Thanks,
CC

2001 F250 7.3 PSD 4x4
1999 Cherokee 30ft 5th Wheel
ccrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 04:22 PM   #2

Forest River Online Brochure

Here is their on-line brochure.

http://www.forestriverinc.com/nd/def...source=summary

Go below the 2009 and download the brochure. It is in the 2009 lineup but there is no 2010 brochure. They are also hard to find the 5er's on their website.
Hensley TruControl Gold Brake Controller
scweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 07:48 PM   #3

Thanks, that helped. Brochure shows 10'8" - 10'9" at roofs edge so that answers my question.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:04 PM   #4

Where are you looking at buying from?
Hensley TruControl Gold Brake Controller
scweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:05 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrain View Post
Thanks, that helped. Brochure shows 10'8" - 10'9" at roofs edge so that answers my question.
You will probably find that the 10'9" figure includes the height of the refrigerator vent, that is standard on all units. Depending on the location of the refrigerator, and the location of the AC unit, you may not have to add the full height of the AC unit.

It comes down to you have to actually measure the unit yourself or get someone at the factory to confirm the actual height for you.

John U
2010 Born Free 22RSK
midnightpumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:41 AM   #6

I just bought a 2009 306bh surveyor 5er. look at my signature to see it. love every bit of it. go to forestriver and they have the specs there you just have to find it.

Jon Breen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:44 AM   #7

oh.. by the way its 34' long plus or minus. two grey tanks 35 gallons one black 35 gallon. a 40 gallon fresh. it under 11' tall dont remember exact hieght. the only thing I hate about it is the one little ol 12 volt batter. and the battery compartment isnt big enough for more. its hard also to take it out. I will look for my brochure latter and see if I cant get you some better info.

Jon Breen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:00 PM   #8

Don't forget if you have an overhead door, 11ft may be the opening but the height of the open door will be some 6-8 inches lower normally due to the track. You might want to check it.

Ken and Velda
Dahlgren, VA.
2008 Georgetown XL 378
2010 Ford Escape Limited
kvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 03:21 PM   #9

I would be buying from South Central Indiana.

My building that I have is an open side building with a fully wood/metal roof. Imagine a pole barn with no sides and a concrete floor. Nice building, just a little too short for my liking.

I've been looking for a local dealer and the nearest is in central Indiana and Northern Kentucky. Both about 2 hrs away.
Old 12-19-2009, 03:29 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightpumpkin View Post
You will probably find that the 10'9" figure includes the height of the refrigerator vent, that is standard on all units. Depending on the location of the refrigerator, and the location of the AC unit, you may not have to add the full height of the AC unit.

It comes down to you have to actually measure the unit yourself or get someone at the factory to confirm the actual height for you.

John U
I have given a thought about the roof slope and if the point where the a/c mounts is actually the highest point of the roof. One consideration I've made is to install one of carrier's low profile a/c(s) that has an overall height of 7.5 inches.

I went out and measured my building again and I'm looking at 11'0" clearance at the front with a header board and 11'8" at the bottom of the trusses once your under the building. I'm having a roofing guy come out and look to see if I can cut up the header to 11'8" and reinforce it. If I can, that should be a somewhat cheap way to gain 8" of clearance.

Tags
5th wheel, surveyor