Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2009, 07:41 PM   #1

Table in Surveyor 264

We picked up our Surveyor 264 last Tuesday. So far we are really happy with the trailer. We were told to put the table in the down position when we travel. Has anyone else been told this also? We were hoping not to have to lower the table, but we don't want any unnecessary problems either. Anybody have any experience with this? Thanks for your help.
irene l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 07:58 PM   #2
" LIVE TO FLYFISH "

OOPS! sorry,I thought it said 294!SORRY!
timtheflyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:02 PM   #3
AKA Bluebird

Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
We travel with our table, located in the slide, in the up position. Sometimes it tilts (falls) over but has never caused any damage. Maybe we've just been lucky! However, if you put it down, it does give extra space to set all the odds and ends that you might have with you.

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:25 PM   #4

When we picked up our SV210 last month the table was upright - I asked the guy doing the PDI about it and he said it was fine to leave it up. When I got home it was upside down, pinned between the refrigerator on one side and the cabinent on the other. Almost no damage, but from then on we drop it down and put it in the position it would be if converting to a bed.
1 wife, 1 son, & 1 cat
Volunteer Firefighter/EMT
Asst. Scoutmaster (BSA)
archham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:49 PM   #5

Mine is also in the slide out, and we always leave it up, but tilt it on edge resting on one of the cushions,( the fallen over position.) No problems at all, and it's always there when we arrive at our destination. Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:03 PM   #6

table in surveyor 264

Thanks for the responses. Our table is attached to the wall with brackets at the up and down position and a bar to keep it in place. My biggest concern is that the leg is just that-one leg (post)- which sits on the floor in the middle of the outside edge. I am concerned about the bouncing down the road on that leg and the pulling against the brackets on the wall. The table is near or over the wheels, so the bouncing should be minimal. It would be easier to leave it up, of course, but we don't want to do any damage.
irene l is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
surveyor