Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-18-2011, 01:19 AM   #1
Kev

Television holes?

Just curious how Forest River expects us to mount a television in the space that they are leaving in the upper cabinets. They leave a hole that would work for the old school televisions but not for the lcd style.

Any ideas? Anybody have pictures of what they have done in their units?

Thanks, Kevin
Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 01:33 PM   #2

If possible I would hang the TV from the bottom of the cabinet. That way it would be closer to eye level. Use the space for the DVD player.

LoneStar
SP-275
LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 03:34 PM   #3

There are many many older threads regarding this same issue if you search around, you'll get lots of help.

What I decided on was mounting the lcd tv on the wall above the dining table window, but with the rear slide, I have to stowe it during travel. Others buy the swing arm tv mounts and affix them to the tv cabinet. I use the provided tv cabinet for added storage and for the PS2 I use as a dvd player. I bouhgt a round plastic mouse hole and drilled through the cabinet to run the wires out to the tv. I even did a 1 up and got an rv mouse hole with a power cord door and drilled to the outside to run the wires. I mounted an aluminum tv mount on the outside of the trailer to hang the lcd for the big games. (side note: mouse hole and tv mount cost less than $35 total online)

Have fun with it, keep it simple. Use the forum's search option for 'lcd tv mount' and you'll get relative posts, most with pics.