Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2012, 12:21 AM   #1

Third camping trip with new sv 301, question about air bed support

We brought our daughter and our 1 and 3 year old grand parent- spoiled children on this our third outing. We've noticed that there is no "hard" support under the top of the air bed on the couch pull out. The large storage drawer is right under the upper half of the bed. As a result, the air bed sinks some at the top half. Is this a design flaw, or are we missing something. I could cut a piece of plywood to fit over the drawer, but is there suppose to be something that comes with the trailer?
Old 06-24-2012, 02:07 AM   #2

I do not have the same rv but have noticed this also on our sofa bed with air mattress. I have not used it but did blow it up to make sure it works. This is the conclusion that I come up with. Just not sure it is the right one. ......The air mattress is stored at the foot of the bed once open. Once the mattress is blown up, the foot becomes the head of the bed. I did lay in it this way and found that the air mattress blown up supports the feet in that open area. The only problem is that with the head being at the opposite end, a long person's feet could actually touch the pull down shade since the feet are now at that end. You have to raise the shade some to prevent it from getting kicked allowing outside light in...... I hope someone knows of a better solution...and that I too am missing something. This the way it is looks like poor engineering.
racerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:11 PM   #3

This is the way ours is to. And I have come to the conclusion that our head should also be what I would consider - the foot of the bed.
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 CC Outdoorsman
PrairieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed