Old 08-11-2010, 08:09 AM   #1
Toilet Water Line Leak

Hi folks,

I have a leak in the incoming water line to the toilet on my SV 304. It seems to be coming from the nut that screws onto the toilet valve (big white plastic piece) or the elbow joint of the water line just below that. I have confirmed this by removing the water line and still being able to feel the drip, so I know it is not any part of the toilet itself, just the incoming water line. The washer inside the nut is fine as well, I'm pretty sure there is a crack somewhere, but it is very hard to see in the limited space back there.

It's not a huge leak, more like a drip that stops every once and a while, but enough to soak a towel if left over night.

Any idea's on how to repair this?? Do I have to replace the whole line or can it be cut and just replace the top part of the line with the elbow and nut and somehow compression fit it to the old line.

Any advice would be great.

HockeyDad217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 09:46 AM   #2
Head Rambler
Most of those are Pex crimped connections. You can cut the fitting off and go to your local big box store and buy their push-on fittings to replace it with. They make all different styles and types of fittings.

Salem 29RKSS Pushing a 2500 Mega-Cab CTD!
Gotta go campin!
Bama Rambler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 09:57 AM   #3
If you have a crack in the line, Home Depot has what are call Shark Bite fittings. If you can see where the crack is you can cut the line and use one of these fittings. You just push the fittings onto one end of the line and insert the other end in the fitting. They are not cheap but do the job very well and are very easy to use.
Good luck.
ps- where do your kids play? My sons used to be on the Nassau County (on Long Island) travel team and we traveled all over the east coast and into Canada with them. That was about 10 yrs ago and we sorta miss it.
Tom and Margaret
2014 Berkshire 390bh-60

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:01 AM   #4
I had the exact same problem with our Georgetown and we aren't alone as others here have had it too. Seems FR is a bit stingy about the amount of tube they provide to the toilet and it is just 1/8" or so too short so it doesn't get a good seal. I spliced in a short (2" approximatley) section of PEX to extend the tube and allow for a stress free fit. No problems since then.
"I can fix it, and if I can't fix it, I can fix it so no one can fix it!"
Ed & Wendy
2009 Georgetown 378TS | 1998 Jeep Wrangler | 1998 Skeeter ZX202C
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 02:40 PM   #5
Do you have any idea the sizing of the water line coming in and thge nut that attaches to the toilet?
HockeyDad217 is offline   Reply With Quote