Old 01-16-2014, 12:22 PM   #11
Originally Posted by beel1998 View Post
I have the exact same set up. Same truck and travel trailer,even the same concern you have about a 2500. Mine pulls just fine. I have no air bags in the back but that is gonna change this spring. I feel the suspension is the weak point in these trucks,it's ment for a daily driver and occasional small trailer or boat ect.. But the motor has enough power to pull it just fine. I feel comfortable pulling it with the set up I have.
Good to hear.

How do you like SP296?

2013 Forest River Surveyor SP296
Old Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 09:40 PM   #12
Love it. Fits our family perfect. Haven't had 1 single complaint about it. Some small adjustments here and there but nothing huge.

beel1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 05:04 PM   #13
I purchased my Ram 1500 last year with the intention of pulling my Surveyor SV305. The Outdoorsman badge let me get all the Towing options on the truck without getting into a higher priced truck. Truck is rated for 10,200 but all my towing with this truck is within 1 hr of home. In fact it gets towed 20 miles to our seasonal site and then gets towed home. I have the WDH that I bought from Princess Auto with #1200 bars and a single sway control. This seems to work fine but I do avoid towing on windy days if I can help it. If I need to go further I will borrow Dad's Duramax 3/4 ton. Behind the diesel, I don't even know its back there.

Should also say that the truck has 3.93 rear end and 20 wheels, heavy duty shocks and heavy duty tranny cooler
Todd & Sheila and kids
Rouleau, Saskatchewan
2012 Surveyor SV-305
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 CC Outdoorsman
PrairieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 06:43 PM   #14
I tow a surveyor pilot sv34bhts with a 2012 dodge ram 2500 hemi using an equilezer4 point sway control with zero issues other then the 7.5 miles to the gallon .I'm easily pushing over 10,000 lbs fully loaded and can do 70-80 with ease.
Optimus prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 04:39 AM   #15
I have the SP296 as well I pull it with a 2006 mega cab 1500 with the 5.7 it will pull great the only wish is it would be a Cummings motor up the hills I am running it hard. I did add the airbags after I picked the camper up and don't think I would have needed them. I have experience with pulling racecar haulers around 30-40' and always used a dually for that so if I was to tow for more than 3 hours I would think about trading to a dually. I love the camper but yes you are correct a few repairs inside with better screws, also I have had bad luck with the door locks and rank monitors.

Howie77 is offline   Reply With Quote

surveyor, towing