Old 02-27-2011, 05:50 PM   #1

Tv antenna

Hello everyone,
We just bought a 2005 surveyor 233t and absaloutly love it. We searched for almost 2 months for a hybrid to fit our needs ( wants ). Tons of storage and plenty of counter space.
My question concerns the TV antenna. Since everything has gone to digital will I need to get a new antenna that will receive a digital signal? We bought a new TV today and plugged it all up. We raised the antenna and turned on the signal booster. I'm assuming that the small button on the cable receptical is what turns on the amplifier. Turned the tv on and let it search channels and.............nothing. Any ideas or suggestions.

Old 02-27-2011, 06:06 PM   #2
camping

our last trailer was a 1995 model and the antenna worked. I would first make sure the TV settings are correct, that it is set for the antenna. even with our new trailer we still don't always get digital signals. you might have to try rotating the antenna to see if you can get a signal. try this link:
SENSAR RV VHF/UHF Television Antenna - #1 Antenna in the RV Industry!
if still no signal check all the connections.

2007 Chevy 2500HD CC
2010 V-Lite 30WRLTS
Nights Camped 2011 -64
Nights Camped 2012 -50
"I Live in My Own World, But It's OK. They Know Me"
tentcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 06:30 PM   #3

Depending on the tv you have, if it is not new enough to have a build in digital converter you will still need to have the little black digital box. We have a brand new 20" Vizio LCD that we put in the camper but we still need the digital box.
Your antenna should be fine, if you want a little more boost for a better signal you can get the Winegard Wingman, it is very easy to put on, takes about 5 minutes.

Just to show what I am talking about..................
Attached Images

Old 02-27-2011, 08:55 PM   #4

Checked the tv and it is digital ready with built in converter. I'm gana check all the connections tomorrow and see what happens.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:21 PM   #5

i would suggest rotating the ant 90 deg and rescan.
i have a sharp in the upper part and usually use that method until i get something. i then get the signal strength meter on the display and fine tune it (there should be a menu setting to get this).
if u are in range of a station, u should have gotten something. make sure ur connections are right first.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:07 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjc5602 View Post
Hello everyone,
We just bought a 2005 surveyor 233t and absaloutly love it. We searched for almost 2 months for a hybrid to fit our needs ( wants ). Tons of storage and plenty of counter space.
My question concerns the TV antenna. Since everything has gone to digital will I need to get a new antenna that will receive a digital signal? We bought a new TV today and plugged it all up. We raised the antenna and turned on the signal booster. I'm assuming that the small button on the cable receptical is what turns on the amplifier. Turned the tv on and let it search channels and.............nothing. Any ideas or suggestions.
I know sometimes the set up for the tv can be a pain. We have a Sylvania 15" in the bedroom and when doing channel setup there is about four options and you have make sure to select right one,ie catv or tv/dtv,etc. As was said earlier the amplifier has to be on either red or green indicator. There should be a 12v fuse in the power converter for TV if your not getting power to amp'.
Happy camping.

2011 Ford F250 XLT
colorado4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:10 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorado4me View Post
I know sometimes the set up for the tv can be a pain. We have a Sylvania 15" in the bedroom and when doing channel setup there is about four options and you have make sure to select right one,ie catv or tv/dtv,etc. As was said earlier the amplifier has to be on either red or green indicator. There should be a 12v fuse in the power converter for TV if your not getting power to amp'.
Happy camping.
Ditto. We have a 26 inch Olevia that has four scan options just for the digital side. This spring I'll have to learn which one to use again.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:22 PM   #8

Not related to post but your picture-Oakman, looks like a good way to wax the front of my new fifth wheel( and 1st). Had not thought about using bed of the truck. Next big project before annual trip to Colorado via Missouri, and Kansas.

2011 Ford F250 XLT
colorado4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:04 PM   #9

Send a message via MSN to twalk47
Make sure the tv is set on air and not cable.

Tags
antenna