Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2015, 01:34 AM   #1

Tv brace not holding in place

Has anyone had a problem with the TV falling out of its brace. This usually happens in transport. I've had it replaced twice but still no luck, when I pull into the campground the television is laying on my bed.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

2014 Surveyor SP220
2004 Toyota Sequoia
FROG IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 01:41 AM   #2

Sorry... This TV problem is in my 2014 220 Surveyor travel trailer. This is a swivel set-up. Really nice feature if it only worked!

2014 Surveyor SP220
2004 Toyota Sequoia
Old 01-26-2015, 11:18 AM   #3

We have a 2013 Surveyor 220 and just love it. Being a little paranoid, I always swivel the TV to point into the bedroom so when traveling if it does decide to jump off the bracket it will lie on the bed, not the floor. But, we havent' had that problem and I can only assume there is some kind of locking bracket that the tv clicks into when mounting. You might send a PM to Mjones as they have the same trailer we do and may have a better answer. Sorry I couldn't be more help! Happy camping!

2013 Forest River Surveyor SP220 Sport 25'
2012 Ram 1500 4X4, 5.7L Hemi quad cab
pt1655 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 12:33 PM   #4

I have a bedroom TV wall-mount. I never travel with the TV in the mount. It's easily removed and placed face-down on the bed. I once had someone describe the motion in a TT going down the road as a never-ending earthquake... so I pack and plan accordingly... usually. I left a bottle of Dawn in the kitchen sink last year, and ended up replacing my sink because the bottle was bounced so violently that the sink cracked.
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 07:04 PM   #5

Hello FROGIT, we have a 2013 SP220 with the same bracket swivel etc. Between the wall and the tv we have a draw chain that you pull down to disengage the tv from the bracket. When re installing it into the bracket youll hear a click when the tv is peoperly mounted. sounds like the tv is not seated properly in the bracket or the spring is not locking the tv bracket into it right place.. you might try pulling the cord, slightly pulling the tv away then trying to reseat it with a little more force(lightly)..
ciszzco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 01:50 AM   #6

Thank you all for your help. I'll check the bracket again, but so far it's only been serviced from the dealership I bought my trailer. I trusted that they knew what they were doing, but I better get in there myself with the suggestions you have given me. Thanks much and happy travels-

2014 Surveyor SP220
2004 Toyota Sequoia
Old 01-28-2015, 04:29 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt1655 View Post
We have a 2013 Surveyor 220 and just love it. Being a little paranoid, I always swivel the TV to point into the bedroom so when traveling if it does decide to jump off the bracket it will lie on the bed, not the floor. But, we havent' had that problem and I can only assume there is some kind of locking bracket that the tv clicks into when mounting. You might send a PM to Mjones as they have the same trailer we do and may have a better answer. Sorry I couldn't be more help! Happy camping!
I'm like you. I always turn mine toward the bed for travel, but have never had it fall out. That might be because I have never removed mine from the bracket for use outside. Someone else had a good answer on here about slightly pulling the release and letting the TV reseat itself. I think that might work.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 05:18 PM   #8

I have never taken the TV out of the bracket... EVER! Maybe something changed from 2013 to my 2014 model. I do leave it facing the front room area. Theory being, that the TV would fall in the direction of the greatest weight, which is the back to the TV and plate it is connected to, therefore it lands face up on the bed. Thank you all... All information is helpful and greatly appreciated. This is all a learning process.

2014 Surveyor SP220
2004 Toyota Sequoia
Old 01-31-2015, 11:57 PM   #9
Tyler & Connie Foxx

Residential vs. RV Mounting Brackets

Is there a difference in a residential TV mounting bracket compared with an RV TV mounting bracket? Considering replacing the 32" panel in the living room opposite the sofa with a larger unit that when not in use would be stored vertically (rather than horizontally) against the wall since the wall isn't wide enough to accommodate the larger screen. Not sure if there's a weight rating for the wall to accommodate the residential bracket that allows the panel to rotate 45 degrees. Thoughts?
FoxxLandArk is offline   Reply With Quote