Old 09-20-2009, 07:09 PM   #1
TV for my 2010 SP186

I'm trying to decide what the best TV is to buy that will fit in the space provided in my 2010 SP186. I'm thinking flat screen and maybe something with DVD capability. And ideas?

Fishfireguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:19 PM   #2
Site Team
We bought a flatscreen Toshiba with built in DVD. But there are all kinds of good brands.

2012 F150 FX4 Ecoboost, 2016 Surveyor 274BHS
2003 Yamaha FJR1300, Demco Premiere Slider
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 07:39 AM   #3
We purchased the Westinghouse HDTV with built-in DVD through Sam's Club on-line auction and got an awesome deal. We researched reviews of the tv before committing, and the only negative was that the sound was not loud enough. That may be true in a large room, but in our TT, that is not an issue. We have been very pleased with it.

Don and Laura + Critters, Eloise and Cooper
Chesapeake, VA
VAlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:32 PM   #4
I too am on the hunt for the same thing for the same camper. Well not the exact same camper. Seems like built in DVD is the way to go.
KegStealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 06:50 PM   #5
We have such a setup on our 05 Wildwood TT. We bought a 19" Samsung flat screen with 720p and mounted it with a swivel mount on the side of the kitchen cabinet. I have a posting about this somewhere on this site from when we did it, as the mount was the real issue, and it worked great. Walmart sells a similar mount for $50 that would also work well. We pipe the sound from the headphone jack on the Samsung into the built-in AM/FM/CD/cassette unit which in turn pipes it to all the speakers throughout the trailer, including the outside one. THIS SETUP WORKS GREAT. You set the console stereo on AUX and then dial up the volume and away you go. The AUX input connectors, if memory serves me, are located behind the stereo unit with the wiring harness.

We DID NOT buy a combo unit with DVD, because the clerk disrecommended them, saying that they had a lot of returns and a lot of problems. Instead, we use our daughter's Playstation 2 (a PS 3 is better - you can do BluRay movies with it) as our DVD player. It's a bit of clutter at movie time, but not a big problem really, and we leave the PS2 in the trailer for the kids anyway, so they can play games with it. Two birds one stone.

The nice thing about the Samsung is that the built-in sound is excellent (without being plugged into the console stereo) and the receiver in the TV is great, too, so we pick up lots of digital over the air HD channels even though we are in the deep woods. We get like 30 channels, and most have a crystal clear picture. However, we also bought the Wingman accessory for our antenna, which made our good reception even better.

Good luck.
walk_the_walk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:30 AM   #6
Just picked up a 19" Sansui 720p with built in DVD at BJ's Whole sale club for $199.99 with a $10.00 off coupon for $189.99 for my 186 Sport. Gets both analog and digital signals. Have not had time to hook it up in the camper yet I will let you know how it goes. Best deal I have found yet.

Tried the new TV with the booster and antenna in camper. Got 30 Digital 5 & Analog channels.(I thought analog was done?) Picture and sound were great. One thing I noticed though is out of the 30 channels many of them were duplicates meaning I had 4 versions of the same channel. This is my first digital set so I am this is not not new to anyone else. I do not watch allot of TV.

KegStealer is offline   Reply With Quote