Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2011, 08:17 AM   #1

TV mount help required ....

Hi Folks, on our last trip to the factory, I splurged and got a 32" tv for my Surveyor SV-291. I also got a mount for it : Sanus Super Slim Low-Profile for 26"-46" Flat-Panel TVs up to 100 lbs. hhgregg.com

The trailer has an entertainment center in the middle, as a wall which separates the bedroom from the rest of the trailer. It can easily house the TV. Third picture on the following link shows the TV location.

http://porthope.canadianlisted.com/t...er_179456.html

The issue is installing the mount into the designated area. The TV mount kit came only with 3" screws of course Did anyone install a mount like I have in the TV area ?

I will probably get some sized bolts and nuts and manage to do it but I thought it would be best to get some heads up from the members who might have done the same before.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:41 AM   #2

I recently installed a TV on a similar (but smaller) setup... It was on a Salem 26TBUD. I used a low-profile TV mount and a 26" LCD TV. I used short and fat screws from the hardware store. Screws were 3/4" in length. I used like 4-6 of them to make sure weight was evenly distributed. I added a 1/4" board behind the TV for additional support and move it out some for cable clearance. This may not be necessary in your case. When you drill mark your drill bit so you don't go deeper then a 1/2". And double check your measurements to insure you will have clearance above the TV so you can slide it in the mount. Good luck.
brianb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:17 AM   #3

So, you did not go through to the other side .... I guess I might give the screw approach a try and see what happens I will probably use a lot mroe screws as the TV is not light in my opinion. I do not want th mount to come apart.

This also helps with not having to remove the mirror on the other side of the TV area. It is one of the thingies which you can rotate 180 degrees so that you can watch the same tv in the bedroom too if desired. FR obviously glued the mirror in place very well.

I am afraid that the tv will come off the mount, do you secure it with anything else while in transit ?
Old 06-01-2011, 07:27 PM   #4

How thick is the back panel where the TV mounts? If it is less than 1/2", I would not count on it holding anything. I would also want it to be plywood.

Depending on how deep the mounting space is, and how thick the TV is, you could run some 1"x6" hardwood (oak) braces horizontally across the back of the opening. The ends on the hardwood could be secured thru the sides of the rotating unit, and liquid nailed to the back panel.

Post some pictures once you get it mounted and let us know what you did.

Good Luck!
MOD Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:51 PM   #5
I would rather be camping

That's the same TV mount that I used on my SV 291.
It works great. I went to the hardware store and bought a bunch of half inch wood screws and small flat washers . I drilled extra holes in the mount and added 8 extra screws ( I think I put 12 screws and washers in all) so I didn't have to worry about i shaking loose driving down the road. After a couple of trips I removed the TV(which is very easy with this mount) and rechecked the tightness of the screws and all was well.

Tags
tv mount