Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-25-2018, 08:09 PM   #1

TV Mounting 101

I've noticed a couple questions in various threads regarding mounting a TV in the master bedroom behind the entertainment center. While the pocket doors appear that they might get in the way, they won't. Forest River thought this one through and even gave you a good mounting point.

Here goes:
This pertains to the following models with the entertainment center and pocket doors that lead into the queen sized bed room: 295QBLE, 247BHDS, 220RBS, 226RBDS, 243RBS, 245BHS, 321BHTS

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (6).png
Views:	222
Size:	654.2 KB
ID:	163413

I used this MOUNT found on Amazon.com for $6.99 to mount this TV found at Costco for $114.99 to the wall.

Looking between the pocket doors and the bedroom wall at the foot of the bed, there is a plywood backer board that is used to securely attach the wall mount. The top of the plywood is approximately 1" below the wall plate for the cable jack. The below picture is hard to see, but the plywood is there.

For anyone asking about the pocket doors, THEY DO NOT MEET IN THE MIDDLE. Being that there is an outlet in the center of that wall, there is at least a 2" gap between the doors on the center of the wall.

Name:	20180225_164023.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	163414

The mount I purchased supports up to a 27" TV. Using the supplied hardware, the mount screws in to the wall and plywood very secure and holds the TV very well. Once the TV is in place, there is a screw on each side of the mount to further secure the TV in place.

Name:	20180225_164053.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	163415

There are 3 recommendations/suggestions I can make regarding mounting the TV in that location:
1. Buy 90 degree coax and HDMI adapters for the TV side. There is hardly any room between the wall and TV.
2. Get a long (10" +) screw driver to set the 2 side screws.
3. Remove the cable jack plate and use a 1" paddle drill bit to drill a hole into the entertainment center area. This will allow you to easily wire an HDMI cable to the area.

2017 Forest River Surveyor 247BHDS...
...Tugged by a 2016 F250 XLT FX4 SuperCrew, Shortbed 6.2L, 4wd, 3.73...
...Joined with a Husky Centerline TS 800-1200lbs WDH
clarkbre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 01:59 AM   #2

Thanks this is good to know.
Sfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 08:42 AM   #3

Thank you this is great information. Any idea how to release the TV in the living room from its amount so we can mounted on the outside? For the life of me I have not been able to get it off the wall!
Old 03-04-2018, 08:49 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmccoy View Post
Thank you this is great information. Any idea how to release the TV in the living room from its amount so we can mounted on the outside? For the life of me I have not been able to get it off the wall!
USUALLY, the release should be in the form of 2 screws or pull tabs/strings on the bottom and hanging loose on the top.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 10:18 AM   #5

Quote:
The living room tv should have a nylon strap hanging behind it in the center. Give the strap a very short tug (Maybe 1/4 to 1/2 inch) and then pull the tv out from the bottom and then up. The strap releases the bottom pin and then the top horizontal pin lifts off.

2017 Forest River Surveyor 247BHDS...
...Tugged by a 2016 F250 XLT FX4 SuperCrew, Shortbed 6.2L, 4wd, 3.73...
...Joined with a Husky Centerline TS 800-1200lbs WDH
clarkbre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 10:50 AM   #6

Thank you, I will try that!
Old 03-05-2018, 08:19 AM   #7

So, using a small mirror and a flashlight I was able to release the mount! The is a small spring loaded lever on the tv side of the mount. Just pushed it in and lifted out from the bottom and straight up! Bam!! I took a picture but can't figure out how to post.
Old 03-05-2018, 08:49 AM   #8

Quote:
So, using a small mirror and a flashlight I was able to release the mount! The is a small spring loaded lever on the tv side of the mount. Just pushed it in and lifted out from the bottom and straight up! Bam!! I took a picture but can't figure out how to post.
Look above where you are typing and click on the paper clip. under "upload a file", click on 'Choose file' that will take you to your pics on your computer. Double click on one. You'll be back at choose file. click on "upload". Close the window. Then go to preview and see what you got. Then click on post
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mount, tv mount