Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2018, 01:27 PM   #1

TV mounting bracket

I have a Surveyor 267RBSS on order and will be adding a TV to the bedroom. I want to use a mount that is compatible with the exterior bracket so I'll have the option of using the TV outside. I'd like to order a mount so that I can have it when I pick up the trailer.

Does anyone know the manufacturer and/or model of the TV brackets used in the Surveyor line of travel trailers.

Thanks in advance.

Dennis
tappsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 08:52 PM   #2

My new 2018 Surveyor 243RBS uses L&W Engineering KeBloc (KeBloc Products / Black KeBloc w/Hardware - LW Engineering) inside and out. The mount on the TV is at KeBloc Products / Rigid Wall Mount w/Black KeBloc - LW Engineering. I'm thinking about using KeBloc for the bedroom TV possibly by getting KeBloc Products / Swing Arm Wall Mount w/Black KeBloc - LW Engineering and using the arm on the entertainment center TV so it's easier to see from the dinette. The new bloc and old mount will go in the bedroom.

No trees were harmed while sending this message;
however, a rather large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

TT: 2018 Surveyor 243RBS TV:2019 F-250 XLT 6.2L 4x4 Crew Cab
mawilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 09:54 PM   #3

TV Mount

Thanks Mark, that is just what I'm looking for. Do you know if you can buy from L and W Engineering or will you have to go through Surveyor?

This forum is great.

Dennis
Old 04-05-2018, 09:18 AM   #4

You can order them from FR or you can call L&W. The site isn't set up for shopping. Other posts indicate that they respond well to phone calls.

Old 04-05-2018, 06:01 PM   #5

TV Bracket

Thanks!
Old 04-10-2018, 09:53 AM   #6

I contacted L&W after figuring out they were the ones who supplied the Kebloc system to Forest River...you can purchase direct from them...call them and the lady will email you a simple form to fill out and return to, in effect, become a vendor...then you are assigned an account number, and you simply go on the website, enter your account info and purchase direct...you won't see the cost until you follow this process and select your mount...mounts range from about 40-80 bucks depending on which features you want...they ship UPS...I ordered mine and rcvd it in about ten days...they also have a little table and a trash bag holder that would attach to the exterior of the trailer using the same Kebloc backing for mounting...hope this helps. MC
frlancr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 12:45 PM   #7

TV Mount

Thanks MC. Does your trailer use the Kebloc mount on the inside of the trailer? My previous trailer was a Surveyor 201RBS and it had a Kebloc on the outside but the inside mount was similar to the wall mount bracket shown in the LW catalog. I don't know if the TV was compatible with the Kebloc because I never tried using the TV outside. I am leery of using the Kebloc inside as the other mounts are claimed to be safe while traveling and the Kebloc does not make that claim. LW says that only the Kebloc brackets are compatible with the Kebloc mounts but I know my previous trailer did not have a Kebloc mount on the inside.
Old 04-10-2018, 02:16 PM   #8

Hi Tappsman...yes, my 2018 251RKS has the Kebloc mount for the inside TV and the outside TV position...the 32 Jensen that came with my trailer had a non-adjustable vesa plate spot welded to a bracket that fits onto the Kebloc...you will see this on the L&W website, the most basic mount they sell...ONLY the L&W mounts will attach to the Kebloc...no other vesa style tv plate mount will attach to the Kebloc...it is a good system, but proprietary to L&W...be aware that the part of the plate that attaches to the tv itself is drilled for to fit a vesa 100 or 200 hole pattern on the back of your tv...I believe any tv larger than a 40 inch uses a vesa 400 hole pattern, which will NOT work with a L&W mount, unless they offer a 400 vesa mount plate that I am not aware of...the other thing to be aware of is that, depending on your chosen tv, the hole diameter on the vesa plate for the bolts needed to attach to your tv may be too small...which was the case for my 40 inch samsung...I drilled out the holes in the aluminum plate slightly so I could use the proper bolts...not a huge deal, but frustrating...lastly, you may find, as I did, that the bracket spot welded to the vesa plate was not perfectly lined up square, so when the tv is hanging on the Kebloc it is not as level as you might want...I shoved some composite shim material down inside one edge of the bracket, and it helped even it out. I'm not sure the Kebloc system is robust enough to support anything heavier than a 32 inch tv for travel...there are two screws that secure the Kebloc "block" to whatever it is mounted to...in my trailer that is basically a softwood 3/4 inch crossmember...I drilled through mine and through the bathroom wall on the other side and installed stainless bolts with wide washers and locknuts...not the prettiest look (per spousal unit), but is MUCH sturdier now, and I covered over the washers and nuts with towels hanging on a towel bar I installed just above that area...as sturdy as it is now, I would not leave my 40 inch tv hanging on it for travel, except for short trips (I have cut a thick piece of memory type foam I had to rest tightly under the lower tv edge as a stabilizer for short trips). Sorry for the Long response, but it was a fairly involved project to just upgrade to a bigger inside tv...good luck on yours. MC
Old 04-10-2018, 02:26 PM   #9

Hi again, Tappsman...I forgot to mention, I ordered the swing-out arm version Kebloc system for my 40 inch tv that now resides inside the TT, and the 32 inch on the basic Kebloc that came with the trailer is now my outside tv setup for our football tailgating weekends...be aware that the swing-out mount is fairly heavy, another reason that I would not travel distance and trust those two Kebloc screws to hold up over time. MC
Old 06-11-2018, 07:23 PM   #10

Hope you don't mind me piggybacking on this thread, but I have a Kebloc related question:

Our 2017 Surveyor uses this system, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the TV bracket to release so I can remove the TV. I have felt around and found the release lever, but it doesn't seem to do anything. I've pulled the lever and then tried to move the TV every which way. The only direction I felt any movement was up, but that was minimal.

What the heck am I missing??

I probably wouldn't care, except that we would like to replace the current mount with one that can swing (just to improve viewing angle). Thanks to this thread, now I know that L&W makes one...

Thanks in advance,

Steve
Old Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 09:20 PM   #11

Based on my 2018 Surveyor 243RBS, pull down on the strap to disengage the retaining bar and pivot the bottom of the TV out. Then lift the TV off the top of the block.

Old 06-12-2018, 06:04 AM   #12

Thanks Mark! I'll check it out.
Old Bird is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mount, tv mount