Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2012, 05:19 AM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda3612
We are also having a problem when running the AC. It runs for awhile and then trips the circuit breaker. Dealer told us that's because we had the water heater running on electric (even though they're on separate circuits). So we don't hold out much hope of getting things fixed.
Linda,
You should be able to run your AC and HWH on 30amp but not on a 15amp and maybe not on a 20amp. What were you plugged into?

You have a 55amp converter - probably a WFCO - so its fine.

Your 13.5K AC draws 12 amps running so you see how a 15amp CG pedestal or receptacle at home will trip the breaker if you add a little bit more.

Also, remember that your converter is also going to draw amps to charge the battery and, depending on how discharged the battery is, the amps will vary.

Bottom line...

30amp - run AC and HWH, but be careful with adding microwave, hairdryer, etc.
20amp - run AC and possibly HWH (depending on other loads such as charger).
15amp - you might be able to run your AC with no other draws at all. I never can, but some report they have been able to do it.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:18 AM   #22

statement of the dealer regarding your drip - sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda3612 View Post

We spoke with dealer and were told that the faucet cannot be fixed and we have to live with leaks because it's a gooseneck faucet and they all do that.

We are also having a problem when running the AC. It runs for awhile and then trips the circuit breaker.
after doing water line and valve repairs for prox 20 years
that statement of the dealer regarding your drip
is not only a sad one
but
not true
it needs a new faucet

many times these can be taken apart and greased
and the leak stops
could also need a new o-ring

we just can't run AC with micro oven
all other combinations work fine

Mountainman
Mountainmanbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:20 AM   #23
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Tri guy is correct on all statements.
Id like to add this
It would be near impossible to find a 20 amp receptacle except a campground or in a home where a window a/c would have been or is.
Most homes do not have 20 amp outlets.

To the op if you want a pretty complete list of amp draws on all common rv appliances do a search on frf for "normal appliance amp draws"

You then will have an idea of things you can and cannot run depending if your on 30 amp or 15 amp service.
Ron
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:08 PM   #24

I also have the goose neck faucet and it drips occasionally when bumped. There is no leak in the faucet but the fact that the faucet is full of water being held back by a fine screen. Gravity says that the water must run out and when it is bumped or when driving this is going to happen. There really is no fix for this other than changing the faucet out to another style. If you don't like the faucet dripping then remove the screen and the faucet will empty after every use.

When you say that the breaker is tripping, are you talking about the 20 Amp for the A/C or the 30 Amp Main. If the 20 Amp A/C is tripping then you have problems but if the 30 Amp main is tripping then you need to address your electrical needs and adjust accordingly. I tripped mine once when the A/C cut in but I suspect that I would have had the A/C, WH, Converter, outside & inside fridge, TV, Lights and bug zapper outside all running. Shut the WH off and everything working fine. Could have moved the WH to propane if I needed the hot water.
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 CC Outdoorsman
PrairieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:03 PM   #25

We pick up our 2013 SP 240, on Thursday. I called the dealer today and gave him your list. I was surprised when he said he would not let us have it until they have checked everything out over a 48 hour period. Including everything running for that period of time.

We had the pinging propane regulator in our R-Pod and the dealer said it was a bad regulator and replaced it never had that issue again.

I am sure there will be some issues hope fully we can get them fixed. Happy Camping.
Cmmjmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:16 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmmjmoore
We pick up our 2013 SP 240, on Thursday. I called the dealer today and gave him your list. I was surprised when he said he would not let us have it until they have checked everything out over a 48 hour period. Including everything running for that period of time.

We had the pinging propane regulator in our R-Pod and the dealer said it was a bad regulator and replaced it never had that issue again.

I am sure there will be some issues hope fully we can get them fixed. Happy Camping.
Well we got her home and everything is working great. I think a lot of the problems others here have had are due to poor dealer preparation. The guys at Allan Kite RV in Lake Charles, LA were so good to us. I have had bad experiences in the past with poor work done In other RV Service Centers, but these guys were great. They ran test on every part of the RV and the orientation took two hours. They explained everything and never seemed rushed or hurried. I added a electric jack and they said no problem and had it on in 15 minutes. They had everything hocked up and working when I got there. I wish everyone could have this kind of experience when purchasing a new camper. We are looking forward to going to the beach this weekend to christen her.
(2011-42)
Cmmjmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:22 PM   #27
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmmjmoore View Post
Well we got her home and everything is working great. I think a lot of the problems others here have had are due to poor dealer preparation. The guys at Allan Kite RV in Lake Charles, LA were so good to us. I have had bad experiences in the past with poor work done In other RV Service Centers, but these guys were great. They ran test on every part of the RV and the orientation took two hours. They explained everything and never seemed rushed or hurried. I added a electric jack and they said no problem and had it on in 15 minutes. They had everything hocked up and working when I got there. I wish everyone could have this kind of experience when purchasing a new camper. We are looking forward to going to the beach this weekend to christen her.
Ditto. Dealer preparation is a major part of the PDI.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:15 AM   #28

This almost sounds like more of a dealer issue than Surveyor, although not all. We took delivery on our SP260 and glad I did my own walk around: outside light not even wired. There was a LP line recall that wasn't even done for the 2 months it sat on their lot, had to drive 1.5 hours back to the dealer to have that fixed. All in all, I really do like where I bought my Surveyor, great people, I'd buy another from them in a heart beat, really.
Wolfpacker76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:28 AM   #29

I imagine that the day you initially pick up your unit and do your own PDI IS NOT the day to be "Mr Nice Guy".

They should have done a thorough PDI but what the heck...it's not their unit!
Jayco Greyhawk 31ds 2012
Alan JS is offline   Reply With Quote