Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2014, 09:41 PM   #1

Walter Pressure Issues

We have the SP240 Sport 2013, between Thanksgiving and Christmas we stored the camper, we drained the water lines since we thought the temperature would drop below freezing where we were storing the camper. When we set up for Christmas I refilled the tanks and set up the camper, for some reason now I only get about 50% water pressure at the faucet in the outside kitchen, not sure if I have a kink In the hose or what? any suggestions from our experienced owners?
(2011-42)
Cmmjmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:06 PM   #2

See any water running out somewhere other than faucets?
Timtation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:06 PM   #3
GLCM Warrior

Every year when I de-winterize I'm happy when the water pump builds up enough pressure in the system to shut off...as this means to me that no significant leaks have developed in the plumbing.

If the pump shuts off, but comes back on periodically when no one is using water then I start hunting a leak. Could be that a faucet is part way on, could be a leak under a sink or in the water heater drain plug, an outside shower that got left on, or a low point drain left open...etc.

If your water pressure is low only to the outside sink...but the pump maintains pressure in the system without running constantly I'd suspect a kinked or blocked water line somewhere near the sink. Is there a filter on the faucet in question either before the faucet or on the outlet? Does the faucet have an aerator that might be partially clogged?

If the water pump runs all the time...I'd be looking for a leak somewhere...but in that case, all the faucets would then likely have low pressure.

Best Wishes.
Lefty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:47 AM   #4
GLCM Warrior

Couple of other thoughts...

Is pressure low for both hot and cold water? If so, is it a 2 handle faucet or single center handle? If 2 handle, maybe the spigot is clogged with a foreign object. If single center handle, maybe the mix valve is malfunctioning.

If both hot and cold have low pressure only at this faucet and it is a two handle faucet I'd be looking at the faucet. I doubt both hot and cold water lines got kinked at the same time...possible I guess, but not likely. If only one side is low pressure then back to a kinked line maybe.

Good luck!
Lefty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 03:53 AM   #5

Sounds like lefty has a bead on the problem. If you use the pump to drain the fresh water, it may have sucked up something into the pump filter as well. Find the pump bay and clean out the pump filter as there may be some accumulation of tank trash clogging it. Try to narrow which faucet(s) have the lowest pressure and remove the aerator then turn it back on for a bit to flush the line. Should help or at least eliminate some problems. A kinked line would be very unusual.
Master Blaster of the Navy
BigTJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 07:46 PM   #6

My older trailer was a 2009 235RKS and after about 2 years I ran into the same problem with pressure. I noticed small particals of plastic from the fresh water tank possible when the supplier drilled out holes but also the tank its self would not drain very well. I cleaned out the pump filter and also stuck a wire up the holding tank drain. Wow lots of white plastic particals came out and I was back to having fun again.
Camping1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:11 PM   #7

Walter Pressure Issues

Hush My Puppy's you guys were right on the money, finally got a chance to check out the aerator on the faucet in the out door kitchen, cleaned it out and it works great. I live in a old house with original pipes and am use to cleaning out the aerators twice a year, but never occurred to me since we filter the water going into the system that there would be any particles blocking the faucets.
Those little white plastic particles were the problem.
(2011-42)
Cmmjmoore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pressure