Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2012, 09:37 PM   #1
1SG Page

Question Water Pump Location Surveyor Sport SP260

I am in the process of trying to winterize my 2012 Surveyor Sport SP-260 but cannot locate the water pump. Does anyone have a clue as to where that darn thing is located? I took the panel off for the water heater and the by-pass valves - no problem there but can't find that elusive H2O pump.

Please advise.

Thanks all.
moadeeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:07 PM   #2

In our sp-280 the water pump is under a panel under the bathroom sink. Maybe the same on yours not sure.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:15 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Easiest way is to turn on the pump and follow your ear. I wouldn't matter to run the pump a short time without pumping water from the tank. It's usually located close to the fresh water connection and the water filter will also be right there. I'm surprised that it's not right there close to the WH.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:31 PM   #4
1SG Page

Thanks all! I powered it up and jeerme was absolutely correct! It's located under the bathroom sink. About a dozen screws later and I can definitely see it/get to it. Time to do some winterizing now!!
Old 10-22-2012, 08:16 PM   #5

Glad you found it. Ours also has the bypass on the pump leads to a cut off hose you can use to stick in the jug of antifreeze. I think yours should have that as well.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:29 PM   #6
1SG Page

Thank you Dave and jeerme, I really appreciate your input and valuable help.

jerrme, unfortunatly the SP-260 didn't come with a winterize kit. I bought one from the local RV shop and will install that tomorrow after work. I also bought a tool to blow the lines prior to running antifreeze through the lines. RV shop said go no higher than 30 PSI and that should do the trick.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:58 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by moadeeb View Post
Thank you Dave and jeerme, I really appreciate your input and valuable help.

jerrme, unfortunatly the SP-260 didn't come with a winterize kit. I bought one from the local RV shop and will install that tomorrow after work. I also bought a tool to blow the lines prior to running antifreeze through the lines. RV shop said go no higher than 30 PSI and that should do the trick.
moadeeb, my 2012 sp260 '10th anniversary edition' comes with a quick connect winterizing hose. you disconnect the hose coming to the pump from the fresh water tank and connect the quick connect hose to the pump and then drop it into your antifreez jug. my pump is located beneath the lowest drawer just befor you go into the bathroom.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:43 PM   #8
1SG Page

ALL,

After looking carefully and with a flashlight, I was able to see the hose and valve for winterizing the RV. I was quickly able to winterize our SP-260 in no time.
Thank you all for your help and valuable time concerning this problem.