Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-29-2010, 07:12 PM   #1

water running over tub edge

I have a SV250 2010. Whenever we use the shower, watercollects on top of tub rim and eventually runs onto floor. Any suggestions or fixes?? Water seems to get in seam between wall and tub.
customshey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:45 PM   #2

We had the same isses with our Neo-Shower/Tub.
I went to the hardware store and got a good quality clear caulk and recaulked the seams and over the rubber seals between the glass and frame.
No more leaks.

good luck.

Bill

"I've got a mind like a steele.. a......a steele......um.....uh...... what's that thing called again?
fivecodys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:18 PM   #3

You might consider the level of your unit. Perhaps by keeping one side or end of the trailer higher than the other you might reduce or eliminate the problem. I have had the same problem and solved this way.

If you do caulk the lower edge consider also caulking any vertical seams so as to prevent water from being trapped behind the tub wall system. It may make more sense to simply lift the lower corner of the tub wall at the tub edge and seal behind the tub wall so that the cavity does not act as a conduit for water.

Mike
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:23 PM   #4

I had the same problem in the shower of our 186. Went to the hardware store and bought a couple of the plastic showers corners. Angled them in toward the basin and caulked around them and now good to go.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:59 PM   #5

Yah, I was less than pleased with my shower surround's intallation when I pulled her from the dealer. Bubbles away from the wall, corners peeled away from the caulk. So I redid it myself to make it water tight. With a couple easy pulls, the surround came right out. Reinstalled it with liquid nails then pulled the border out enough to get the caulk nozzle and did it up right. Used a couple 2x4 scabs and a shower curtain rod as a spreader to hold it in place until the caulk dried a solid day. Then caulked up the rest of the exposed area.

I found after the first use, I was getting water in the sink counter and a bit on the floor. I noticed the shower curtain did not seal well. I hand sewed a couple tabs of velcro on the plastic liner at the top and bottom corners of the surround and the apposing velcro on the wall with adhusive. Dry as a bone. If you sew into the plastic liner, use a folded section of another old shower liner as a backer so not to tear the shower curtain when you pull it open

Tags
surveyor