Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2008, 08:14 PM   #1

What if electric slide doesn't work, i.e., 235RKS??

What if for some reason the electrically controlled S/O for the king bed in the 235RKS doesn't work? Can you slide out the S/O manually, and, of course, return it in as well???
babapappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 08:35 PM   #2
Cyber Phrenologist

Wecome to the forum! Many newcomers find this site looking for an answer to a problem.

All slides have a manual overide. But most are difficult to find the access. Have you looked for a blown fuse inline with the slide out wiring? In my unit, most heavy motors (jacks, slides) have an inline fuse, not in the fusebox with all the others. The plastic fuse holder reminded me of an old fashioned flint and wheel cigarette lighter, but yours may be different. I also have learned these fuses will blow for no apparent reason!

Look around in your basement, in your LP compartments for an acress hole to the manual overide. If you find a round hole taped over with black tape, that's probably it.

I haven't had a slide failure, but I have had to manually crank my landing gear. Finding the access port was quite a trick! It was behind an LP tank!

Again welcome to the forum, somebody likely will be along to help.

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 06:48 AM   #3

Welcome to FRF!

I agree with Wade (Radio). Your slide should have a manual overide should the easy way clunk out on ya. It's just a matter of finding it. My rig only has the one living room slide and the manual overide was hidden in the closed up underbelly. I had to take a section of the underbelly off to find it. I then cut an access hole that I now have sealed up with duct tape just in case I'll ever need it. I also have my cordless drill with the proper socket head ready to go to. Manual cranking isn't desired when power tools reign supreme.

Someone 'round here just might know exactly where yours is. I don't though.

Again. to FRF!!

greg
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 06:22 PM   #4

Hi, how are ya. The overide is right under the king bed in the back through the cupboard on the floor. When you open the cupboard you'll see a stem that you can put a 3/4 socket on to wind the slide in and out. The stem comes off the gear box of the DC motor that normally drives it. If it ever blows a fuse, it should be labelled in your fuse panel right below the fridge. I just bought my 2009 rks last week.. I love it. Regards, gettmad.
gettmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 07:30 AM   #5

gettmad

Welcome to FRF! and thanks for that info.

Hey why don't you two folks make a post in the welcome mat and tell us about yourselves?

greg
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
surveyor