Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2009, 08:29 PM   #1

What's so great about the SV-230?

Looking into a new/used SV-230 and seeing a huge difference in pricing....what's up with that? Are they just being ......... greedy?
(of course I'm checking options, but they all seem to be the same)
GiggleSticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 06:53 AM   #2
Site Team

to FRF and happy camping.

I don't know if it's greed or just trying to make as much as they can to try and stay afloat. One thing that's great about it is that it only weighs 3335lbs dry. That'll be less than 5k loaded.

Expect to get about 25 to 30% off of MSRP on the units. I've heard of 35 to 40% off but haven't actually seen anybody get that. RVwholesalers.com (RVW) is usually a good place to get a price then you can use it to negotiate with the local guy. Remember to a lot of people it's worth a few dollars to have a local dealer in case you need service. Almost everybody that has bought from RVW is happy with the purchase. Just a few things to think about.
Old 04-25-2009, 03:38 PM   #3
Site Team

i just found two new ones, one in TX. and the other in Ohio. both were for around $14k.

that doesn't sound expensive to me. where are you looking and pricing?
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 06:59 AM   #4

I found the same 2 online, the price seems reasonable enough........... but the local dealers (Florida) suggested the "Build Your Own RV" option, that comes back with a price of $26k......hence my concern when I saw the 2 "new" ones online for such a big difference in price. I wouldn't mind traveling to see these, but wanted to ping some of the more experienced RVers for advice before we set out for a disappointment.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:36 PM   #5
Site Team

because the local dealers are using MSRP numbers for their "build your own" site.
RVDirect does the same thing until you send them your "build". they'll send back a quote that's 30-40% less than the "build your own" price.

most of these trailers have the same options. only things like white cabinets or stainless steel appliances or mag wheels may not be on them.

use these other dealers prices to bargain with your local dealer. that's what most people do.
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 05:00 PM   #6

Local dealer's use the song and dance, that if you need service you go to the back of the list if you bought from some one else. That what I did, should have traveled four or five hours and saved a couple of grand.

Life is something to do when you've finished breakfast
Chuck & Margie
Both Retired
08 2500HD Silverado 6.6L Duramax
Flagstaff 829fkss
Round Mound of Sound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:21 AM   #7

Thanks everybody........I finally see the trees instead of just the forest!
I do have 2 "local" guys I can use, and I'll be prepared to negotiate based on these other comps!

Tags
surveyor