Old 08-13-2013, 11:15 AM   #1

Winegard Carryout How to Connect

I just purchased a Winegard Carryout and a Dish receiver. I am confused, do I connect (the coax cable) to the out side of the trailer? Do I also plug it in on the outside (using a converter)? How does it connect to the receiver?

Old 08-13-2013, 11:38 AM   #2

On the outside of your RV are there two coax connections (separate for Park Cable and Satellite) or just one coax connection? If there are two connections, connect the Carryout "Main" connection to the Sat connector on your RV and find the other end of that inside your RV where you connect the receiver.

If there is onIy one outside connection, connect the Carryout "Main" to that. Inside, that coax will connect to the back of the antenna booster control. You have to remove it from the booster control and wire it to your receiver. (The booster control contains a splitter which has to be bypassed.)
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3265491754.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	37559

Then yes, you have to connect the power to the Carryout from an outside power plug.

I am curious: Why did you buy the Carryout instead of the Tailgater (which is cheaper and doesn't require external power).

Old 08-13-2013, 11:43 AM   #3

Oh yes, this is what the back of the antenna booster looks like so you can disconnect the right cable "Cable Input".
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4162687470.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	37561

(If you don't like disconnecting that permanently, you can use an AB switch to reconfigure as needed.)
Old 08-14-2013, 05:40 PM   #4

The reason I bought a Winegard and not the Tailgater is because the Winegard was fully automatic and I didn't know that it had to receive power. Will your suggestions require modifications to the travel trailer?
Old 08-14-2013, 06:02 PM   #5

After it finds satellites you can disconnect power for the rest of the weekend (as long as you don't move it)......I absolutely love mine....by the time I get inside and turn TV on it has already locked on.
Old 08-14-2013, 06:41 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gensca View Post
The reason I bought a Winegard and not the Tailgater is because the Winegard was fully automatic and I didn't know that it had to receive power. Will your suggestions require modifications to the travel trailer?
Just FYI, there is no difference between "automatic" on the Carryout vs Tailgater.

I don't consider unscrewing a coax fitting from the port it's connected to to be a modification. You can easily reconnect it anytime. I guess you'll have to have a way to get the coax wire thru some hole to your receiver.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:29 PM   #7

winegard

]am sorry but i need remedial renedial.

Tags
winegard