Old 03-29-2018, 04:28 PM   #1

Yet another her Furrion Obs camera question

Hello All and thanks in advance.

I am on my second Furrion camera (obs model) and still can’t get it to work. Yes, I have my running lights on. Yes, my 7 pin connector seems to be working properly. Yes, the camera works when plugged into the dash power along with the screen. The dealer says there is power going to the wire you plug the camera into on th back of the TT where the Furrion case is attached to my 2018 200mble. So when I plug the camera in to the back of the TT, I get no connection and the camera has no power.

F-150 and 24 foot TT.

Any thoughts and thanks!?

Jbrowland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 06:44 PM   #2

Have you watched the you tube video on installing a furrion on the pre-installed connection? The connection is 12v and if you got the backup only Mera it only turns in when your backup lights are on and your truck is connected to the trailer wiring. Watch the video.

kmlisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 06:58 PM   #3

When I installed mine I believe there were instructions for "paring" the camera to the monitor? I assume that has been done?
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 07:42 PM   #4

One other thing that can help. Have both antennas oriented the same way. On my rig, the camera antenna is horizontal to the ground and parallel to the back of the trailer. The receiver is the same - horizontal and pointing out the side window.. Definitely do not point the receiver antenna at the camera.

Issue is that the strongest radio signal is emitted from the antenna in the shape of a donut. So if the donut of the sender and the receiver are oriented the same - you get the best reception.
Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2019 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 08:21 PM   #5

Thanks folks. Yes, it is the observation camera version. Yes, they are paired. They work together when close and both are plugged into the dash of my truck. When I bring the camera back and attach it to the pre-wire mount, it can’t find the monitor. Dealer says the wire back there does have power. I also check it with a multimeter. I have tried two different cameras now assuming maybe the first one was broken. Both did the same thing. I’ll try changing the antennas.
Old 03-29-2018, 08:58 PM   #6

Here is the youtube video. Maybe it will help!
kmlisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 09:24 PM   #7

Thanks for posting it. I have seen it many times before and it does me no good I unfortunately. I have done everything he has done (not the on/off switch) and neither of the units I have purchased have worked once the camera isn’t plugged into the 12v plug in my dash with the extra wire to test the camera. I’m starting to think either I used my multimeter incorrectly but why would the dealer say they tested the pre-wire twice for power successfully? Mystery. This should be a really easy install.
Old 03-29-2018, 09:28 PM   #8
Usually Confused Member

Check for a proper ground connection at the camera while mounted.

At some point during every day you suddenly realize nothing else productive is going to happen the rest of that day. For me, it usually occurs around 9 am.
emm-dee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 09:51 PM   #9

How do I do that? Thanks.
Old 03-29-2018, 09:52 PM   #10

You have a wiring problem, not a camera problem. Only thing to do is trace the wire. Try the running lite right above it. I'm guessing one of the two wires pulled out of the wire crimp they did at the factory.

A multi meter or a test light and some time.....

aeblank is offline   Reply With Quote