Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2018, 04:08 PM   #1

Leak from tub

I’ve searched the forums and haven’t found this exact experience - my apologies if this has been covered. We’re on our 4th trip in our 2018 25bhs (Flagstaff microlite). On our last trip the floor throughout the camper was wet after my husband showered. I thought he allowed the water to hit the wall and run over the side of the tub. Last night he was careful but still had the same problem. I took my shower this morning being very cautious but again same issue (yes, I apologized for blaming him). We’ve done a few tests so far and found that turning on water but not activating shower we still get water - not running over side. It looks like we may have a leak from pipes after seeing water in small floor cabinet right behind tub. Has anyone else had this problem? If so did you take to dealer for repair or fix it yourself? Thanks for help. Picture of faucet in tub and cabinet right behind faucet wall.
Carolem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 04:29 PM   #2
Site Team

If the tub is raised off the floor, there should be an access panel to get to plumbing under the tub. Most RVs use the same slip fitting that is used in residential plumbing. There have been reports of the slip fitting not being tightened and slipping down. Check the plumbing, could be as simple as tightening the fitting by hand. If the tub is flush with the floor, you may have to make a small cut in the underbelly. Cut 2 sides and the back side to create a door with hinge to front. Re seal with eternabond tape.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 07:52 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
If the tub is raised off the floor, there should be an access panel to get to plumbing under the tub. Most RVs use the same slip fitting that is used in residential plumbing. There have been reports of the slip fitting not being tightened and slipping down. Check the plumbing, could be as simple as tightening the fitting by hand. If the tub is flush with the floor, you may have to make a small cut in the underbelly. Cut 2 sides and the back side to create a door with hinge to front. Re seal with eternabond tape.
We’ll check behind the panel in the small floor cabinet next to the plumbing. The slip fitting loosening could help explain why this didn’t happen on our first trips when we used the tub multiple times.
Old 07-06-2018, 09:43 PM   #4

Update: My husband took the panel off the front of the tub and found that the drain pipe was not connected at all to the tub drain. It didn’t line up easily but he got it attached back. It must have been somewhat in place early on but today the water was draining out to the underside of the camper so lots of wetness now - ugh. One other thing now makes sense. On our last trip and this one we noticed that the grey water was not filling up I guess that mystery is also now solved.

Tags
leak