Old 10-03-2011, 07:24 PM   #1

Wast drain valve(s)

Gee, why am I the only one who is posting questions here? Everyone else must have their problems solved. O.K., so now I'm convinced that my "grey water" valve is leaking. Someone who has had RV's longer than I helped to show me that when we leave water running in the sink, there is a slow trickle of water coming from the dump valve assembly. When we put a water hose in the toilet, there was no trickle of water leaking from the valve(s). This set-up has the one place to hook the sewer hose and two different valve handles. He says they are remotely connected via a cable. The problem to me is: This unit has the full bottom. This valve assembly stick out from the bottom pan and is sealed all around it. We tried to push/pull the handles in/out to see if we could dislodge something, but to no avail. So now he says it look as if I may have to remove the entire valve assembly for repair. Now: Does anyone know of another trick I may try before attempting to remove all of this? Thanks, David

Old 10-03-2011, 07:49 PM   #2

My bathroom sink/shower tank valve leaks a bit as well. I think they are just cheap friggin valves. But I'll be damned if I am going to go to all that work to change it, and I haven't found a nearby dealer that I would let touch my camper. So I just leave the cap off at the campsite and let it drip. Its only handwash and toothbrush water.

Old 10-03-2011, 08:04 PM   #3

Instead of dealing with replacing the existing valve just add an external valve. That is what I did. I liked this idea better than dropping my tank to replace the leaking valve. The valve connects to the existing pipe just like connecting a hose and can easily be removed for cleaning.

2011 Rockwood 8285 WS
2011 GMC 3500 HD 4X4, 6.0, 4.10, SRW
Hoo Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:11 PM   #4

This is similar to what I installed.

Twist-on Waste Valve - Quick Fix for Leaky Valve - PPL Motor Homes

2011 Rockwood 8285 WS
2011 GMC 3500 HD 4X4, 6.0, 4.10, SRW
Hoo Dad is offline   Reply With Quote