Old 03-25-2012, 10:11 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkswyo View Post
Sockman, I would like to see what you did with your table but can't figure out how to view your photos?
Just go to the thread titled "Any 19wp owners?". They're under there.

Old 03-25-2012, 10:45 PM   #12

I have a door there so I couldn't do anything like that. I only get a bed on one side and the kitchen on the other (19RR). At this point I'm thinking remove and start over with that couch and table. I'll probably leave it alone for awhile (like 1st season) and make a decision later. Something will come to mind if nobody here has come up with anything for the 19RR sofa and 400lb table.

BTW when I test drove my 19RR at the dealer my table also fell and marred up the kitchen cabinets. Luckily I didn't own it at that time and the dealer sent for the parts and fixed it. I'll never do that again though.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:42 PM   #13

Yeah, I see. The 25rr is similar to the 19wp, but the 19rr only has the one couch back there. You could just take a folding cot with you if you need a sleeping spot for an adult. They fold up so it could fit in your storage space when not in use.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:04 PM   #14

Yup. That's the plan for now (except was going to take an air mattress). I was hoping I could upgrade it somehow to a really useful couch/bed though. Fortunately, there is just two of us so having company would be the exception. If we had more adults, we'd would of purchased a bigger camper. What are the odds that someone else on this forum is thinking..."OH MY I hate this fold down bed thing. I just want a couch with screw on arms and a 400lb table because it moves when I cut my steak."?
Old 03-26-2012, 03:48 PM   #15

One more last rant on the 19RR. The ramp door width was increased to about 70" wide. This does no good due to the fact that the measurment between the couch in the stowed position and the cabinet is less than 70". I would rather have the smaller door. Less sealing area to leak and more room to mount a larger tv in the rear. Even with all the little things I still like mine alot.

Nights camped 2012 - 35
Nights camped 2013 - 46
rkswyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:17 PM   #16

Well - the damn table was the first thing to go. One trip with that thing and it was soon banished outside, under the canopy, up against the wheel well where it holds up two electric burners a toaster oven and an office table lamp. Its where most of the cooking is done. We also have a dorm fridge that's about 3 ft tall that sits right next ot it for beverages. (beer, water, soda)
The sofa...ahh yes the damn sofa. We tried taking one of the arms off of it but ended up putting it back on. The back cushion we use when hauling a bike to put in between the sink/stove cabinet in case one of the tie down straps breaks and the bike falls over. My wife tried using the sofa without the back cushion and said it may be more confortable with just a bunch of pillows. We don't use it as a bed b/c its just the two of us. Its more for the dogs actually. We also bought two small hassocks that have the removable lid for extra storage. They don't seem to be in the way and hold "stuff".

Sportster
...been out alreaady!!!
Old 03-28-2012, 08:29 PM   #17

Yup. Fear my 400lb table isn't going to last long either. I guess I won't take the arms off either. I think the whole thing has to go. I want that other one that folds into a bed. For now I'll leave it the way it is. We have never used our camper yet. Now I got a new truck and I can't pull anything for 1000 miles. I'll try and get some put on this weekend because the weather has been pretty awesome around here lately.