Old 08-31-2015, 11:41 AM   #1

19RR...Questions!..Where's my door!

Hi folks,

Three weeks into owning a 2011 Cherokee Grey Wolf 19RR. Took it camping this weekend for the first time.

In a word..."LOVE IT"!!

A few questions....

My unit does not have a storage door on the right front side. The bed ends about 12" from the wall and the space left is useless. I want to extend the bed box and build another closet over the storage are. Accessing this storage space by lifting up the bed is no joy. Very heavy mattress. I see some folks access this area by installing a door inside the camper. I might do that also, but primarily I'd like to access it from the outside for dirty sporting goods, camp site stuff, chairs, etc. Can someone measure their factory door and get back to me. I'd like to cut in a 42" X 14" door but I want to understand what this will do to the structure of the trailer or should I plan on using two 18" X 14"doors with a support between them?

Non-opening window over the sink? If anyplace needed a window to let in a breeze it would be here. I like the window that is in the bedroom on the left wall. It tilts out so it can be left open when raining. It is strange that on the opposite wall in the bedroom they have a side sliding window and since it is not under the canopy, it would let rain in. Has anyone replaced the sink window with something that opens?

My couch does not have arms. It appears there are bolts welded to the steel frame for this. Are arms available for the couch? What would they look like?

What do you folks do with the back cushion from the couch when the couch is folded for travel and hauling a bike?

Upon filling the water tank, once filled to the top, water started pouring out of the bottom of the camper in a stream. Didn't look like a leak. Is there some type of vent or over-flow that I shouldn't be concerned about?

My BLACK TANK is totally empty but the gauge still shows 1/2 full....Just the gauge inaccuracy?

Are there any other idiosyncrasies that I should be aware of?

Old 08-31-2015, 03:57 PM   #2

Post #62
I win!!
Pimp my 19RR!

2006 Honda Goldwing
2012 Toyota Tundra DC
2015 Cherokee Grey wolf 19RR Limited
bluewoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 04:01 PM   #3

Yup, I saw that and I'm impressed with what you folks have done with these THs. But I want to extend this area out to the wall and add outside access. But I might add the door like this for inside access also.

Thanks...
Old 08-31-2015, 04:08 PM   #4

The window in bed is an emergency exit also, black water tank may have a bad sensor or crap (no pun intended) on it mine reads 1/4 till I get home then reads empty. I put the couch back rest on the bed along with TV and Table or Velcro it to the cabinet standing upright. Read the link Pimp my 19 rr 70 pages of great ideas, even has pictures too.
Pimp my 19RR!

2006 Honda Goldwing
2012 Toyota Tundra DC
Old 08-31-2015, 04:10 PM   #5

Oh, makes sense.....Thanks!
Old 08-31-2015, 04:15 PM   #6

Your welcome and keep us posted on your up grades.

2006 Honda Goldwing
2012 Toyota Tundra DC
Old 08-31-2015, 04:22 PM   #7

This weekend while the grandkids were at the beach I replaced all the light bulbs with LED that I ordered off Ebay. Then I moved the track for the sliding curtain so it left room to change at the foot of the bed. Added TP and PT holders and a "plate -Popper".
Tomorrow I pick up my solar system and start the install....(2) 140 watt panels, Bogart Engineering controller and monitor, Xantrex 1000w inverter with remote panel and two 12V AGM batteries.
Ordered a few outdoor LED lights for the sides and rear and a camera to hook up to the trucks TV for backing up into a camping spot.
Need to install a few 12V outlets here and there as I rarely are hooked to the grid.
Honda Companion 2000i is due to be delivered tomorrow. Along with the 2000i I already have it should run the AC with no issues.
loving this 19RR!
Old 08-31-2015, 04:39 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbertalotto View Post
This weekend while the grandkids were at the beach I replaced all the light bulbs with LED that I ordered off Ebay. Then I moved the track for the sliding curtain so it left room to change at the foot of the bed. Added TP and PT holders and a "plate -Popper".
Tomorrow I pick up my solar system and start the install....(2) 140 watt panels, Bogart Engineering controller and monitor, Xantrex 1000w inverter with remote panel and two 12V AGM batteries.
Ordered a few outdoor LED lights for the sides and rear and a camera to hook up to the trucks TV for backing up into a camping spot.
Need to install a few 12V outlets here and there as I rarely are hooked to the grid.
Honda Companion 2000i is due to be delivered tomorrow. Along with the 2000i I already have it should run the AC with no issues.
loving this 19RR!
And your asking us for ideas? Sounds like your doing very well on your own - have fun -I just ask for pictures or this conversation never happened!

2006 Honda Goldwing
2012 Toyota Tundra DC
Old 08-31-2015, 05:14 PM   #9

Thanks! I figured out the water issue. Seems FR does not put a hose on the vent for the fresh water tank...or it fell off. I crawled under the trailer and found a vent fitting with nothing attached.

Hard to see in this picture. Besides letting nasty stuff from the road into the fresh water tank, and God help you if you ford a high water area, it lowers the water level by over an inch in the tank. That's a lot of water!

So I made up a temporary fix until I can figure out how to run a hose up to the fill area where it is supposed to be

More pictures to follow!
Old 08-31-2015, 07:15 PM   #10

Good job man!!

2006 Honda Goldwing
2012 Toyota Tundra DC

Tags
door