Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2011, 09:22 PM   #1

19rr Stereo/DVD/WB Radio Thingy

OK...I've spent over two hours (not tonight, earlier this season) tryin to tune that dang radio. First I tried without the directions. (Hey - I'm a man - its what we do)
Then I got the handbook...(more beer)
My wife (God love her) grabbed the handbook after much gnashing of teeth on my part, along with cussing, and SHE tried her hand at tuning the damn thing.
Still couldn't get it.
Anyone else having grief trying to tune this thing? It works fine, both inside and out, but I'm here to tell ya - gettin this thing to save a station...make me crazy!!

Sportster
...tokyo...come in tokyo
hd87sportster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:33 PM   #2

LOL! I just lived this same scenario last weekend. I did finally manage to figure it out, as you've pointed out the manual that came with it is pretty much useless so it took some playing around.

Once you're on the station you want to save, hit the "clock/store" button in the top left, you should see the word "memory" start to flash on the display in the top right. Once "memory" is flashing just hit the "clock/store" button again. You can't pick the preset number you want to save the station to, it will just go in order from 1-10. If you're slightly OCD like me this is a little frustrating as I like my favorite stations in a certain order but at least they can be saved. I hope this helps!

The radio is on a very short list of things to be upgraded over the winter.
SlowerThanU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:11 PM   #3

Help problem with zx75 DVD can't get movie to play on tv any ideas
BertWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:13 PM   #4

Help can't get zx75 DVD to play on tv any ideas
Old 07-27-2011, 08:12 PM   #5

Are you switching the input on the TV itself over? The remote that came with my TV has an input button, hit that and select AUX. If video from the DVD player still doesn't show on the screen then you'll need to check your cables to make sure they're connected correctly.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:28 PM   #6

I tried that no cables to hook up but to plug cable into cable outlet below the DVD do I need USB plug from tv to DVD player damn do I feel like a idiot here lol cd plays good radio plays good just don't know how to watch DVD on tv lol
Old 07-27-2011, 08:31 PM   #7

Your DVD player should have a video out, yellow RCA type connector at a minimum, and there should be a cable going from that to the back of the television. In my 19RR the cable runs through the wall to a port that pops out in the ceiling right above where the TV hangs on the wall.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:51 PM   #8

we had to remove the radio/dvd unit ( 4 screws after the plate is popped off0 and pull it out. appearenlty the people hooking it up where color blind and had the white and yellow plugs reversed. also my radio would play on its own if a weather band alert would come in the area I was camping. Nothing like being awakended by a loud beep and a weather report in the middle of the night. I pull the fuse out to the radio/dvd play and put it back in when needed.
ski0297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:58 PM   #9
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by ski0297 View Post
we had to remove the radio/DVD unit ( 4 screws after the plate is popped off0 and pull it out. apparently the people hooking it up where color blind and had the white and yellow plugs reversed. also my radio would play on its own if a weather band alert would come in the area I was camping. Nothing like being awakened by a loud beep and a weather report in the middle of the night. I pull the fuse out to the radio/DVD play and put it back in when needed.
The tornado warning I got over that radio in the middle of the night in Robins ARB Georgia last spring was a life saver. The funnel missed the campground by 1/2 mile while we were hunkered down in the shower building. The base blew the sirens 30 seconds after the alert came over the radio.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:20 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ski0297 View Post
we had to remove the radio/dvd unit ( 4 screws after the plate is popped off0 and pull it out. appearenlty the people hooking it up where color blind and had the white and yellow plugs reversed. also my radio would play on its own if a weather band alert would come in the area I was camping. Nothing like being awakended by a loud beep and a weather report in the middle of the night. I pull the fuse out to the radio/dvd play and put it back in when needed.
This has happens on ours quite regularly. I have mine parked by the house and plugged in while we are getting everything organized and transferred over from our old TT. The wife and I both say that our new trailer has a ghost.

If anyone knows how to disable this weather radio feature, I would love to hear it.

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie. 5.7 Hemi, Helwig 2500lb springs, Bilstein shocks, Superchips Flashpaq.
chadster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:55 PM   #11
Phat Phrog Phlunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadster1 View Post
This has happens on ours quite regularly. I have mine parked by the house and plugged in while we are getting everything organized and transferred over from our old TT. The wife and I both say that our new trailer has a ghost.

If anyone knows how to disable this weather radio feature, I would love to hear it.
Unfortunately, you have to find what the local WB station is when you park. Then you have to tune it TO ANY OTHER STATION than the local one. That will disable the alerts and the ghosts.

Hope this helps.
Days camped in 2013 = 30 final.
Days camped in 2014 = 27 final.
igkra.com
essness is offline   Reply With Quote