Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2012, 01:12 AM   #1

2012 21rr

I've been doing some online research on the 21RR. I have a 2001 Yamaha Road Star that I'd like to take with me when we travel. It weighs about 700 lbs. My question isn't about towing capacity, though. What I've been wondering about is the sofa, or sofas. Are they actually 2 separate sofas, or are they joined together? What I was thinking is to remove the rear sofa, and put some small rocker/recliner chairs there, or simply some small rocking chairs. When towing, I could use the front tie-downs to hold them in place between the front couch and sink/stove area, and use the rear tie-downs for my Road Star. Does anyone know if this is do-able? Are there actually 2 separate sofas, or just 1 sofa that functions as 2? If there's only one, I think I could cut off the rear part and modify it. Anyone have one of these? If so, can you give me some info on it?

Thank you very much in advance!!!
Rev_Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:30 PM   #2

Those are most likely two separate couches, but even if it is one large couch, all it would take is some basic carpentry skills to make them separate. These ain't exactly designed by rocket scientists or built by master carpenters.
Old 06-09-2012, 12:39 PM   #3

Scratch what I just said, in that it is one large couch. Keep in mind, it is basically a 2"x2" construction with some decorative plywood on the top an bottom. It would be real easy to halve that thing and do away with the rear portion. You could even transfer the one couch end to where you cut it in half. Or, if you have the unit built, you could just have them put a single couch in there.

If you are even a little handy, this should be an easy job.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	21rr rear couch.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	14989  
Old 06-10-2012, 09:01 AM   #4

Mine is 2 separate sofas and iam glad it is 2. I carry a honda vtx 1300 and it is 800 lbs
PeteG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:06 PM   #5

Thank you Sockman.

What year is yours, PeteG? I'd like to do exactly what Sockman said, and put the couch end from the removed section onto the remaining one, so that it looks like it was made that way. If they are all 2 separate sofas, that would make it much easier!!
Old 06-10-2012, 12:56 PM   #6

Mine is a 2012
Old 06-10-2012, 02:01 PM   #7

Thanks! I'll just have to look around and see if I can find one that I can physically look at. I sure like what I see, and it's light enough for my 1/2 ton pickup to pull!
Old 06-10-2012, 03:25 PM   #8

I pull mine with GMC 1500 were do you live ??
Old 06-10-2012, 04:44 PM   #9

I'm in Tehachapi, California. I've got a 2003 Dodge with the small 4.7 engine. It's rated at 7000 lbs. towing, but I don't believe it. I'll be having it re-geared with some 4:56's within a month, so that'll improve things dramatically in the power dept.

Tags
21rr