Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2013, 11:42 PM   #21

Sam i purchased rubber cow mats from my local fleet farm and have chocks and bike sit on those all seems to work well.... well as for the ramp door spoke to keith or ken blankenship from forst river. and he says all will be taken care of and i will according to him get a 1 yr warranty on door from date of install. mind u this was in sept. got married did huneymoon and called dealer when we got back ... ramp is supposed to come on a shipped trailer to dealer by end of october. I will be calling dealer back tomorrow, as of today they have not received the trailers said door was supposed to ship with and rick the owner was not in today, this dealer has been awesome so far so i hope they continue.... so we shall c.
jon497 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:49 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon497 View Post
Sam i purchased rubber cow mats from my local fleet farm and have chocks and bike sit on those all seems to work well.... well as for the ramp door spoke to keith or ken blankenship from forst river. and he says all will be taken care of and i will according to him get a 1 yr warranty on door from date of install. mind u this was in sept. got married did huneymoon and called dealer when we got back ... ramp is supposed to come on a shipped trailer to dealer by end of october. I will be calling dealer back tomorrow, as of today they have not received the trailers said door was supposed to ship with and rick the owner was not in today, this dealer has been awesome so far so i hope they continue.... so we shall c.
Sounds like they are taking care of you much like they took care of me. It also makes me wonder how many doors are replaced due to large bikes.

I was at my dealer today getting warranty work done on my furnace and took a look at the brand new 25RR trailers. It would appear to me that they are very receptive to customer feedback because the items I don't like about my trailer are fixed or improved in the new ones. Maybe they'll reinforce the doors down the middle in the near future and also address the clearance for touring bikes. It could happen.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:21 AM   #23

I have a 2014 25RR and have the same issue with the ramp. Loaded my Ultra Limited for the first time last weekend and noticed a slight "valley" in the ramp after the bike was loaded. The sticker on the ramp states 1600 pound capacity. My fear is that it will only get worse. Going to contact the dealer today.
miatalou99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:07 AM   #24

miatalou99 yea, and the sticker on mine says 1k each wheel 3k max for ramp itself, i got the bikes in the camper for winter incase we hit bike week in daytona in march... either way when i get the new door on, my bike will be goin in and out of that thing at least 20 times before i even leave the dealer. bow was very noticable after the 3rd time running the bikes in and out, both bikes are around 800 pounds give or take. Toby i here u i told keith that i was beginning to feel as thou i was getting the run around he assured me this wasnt the case, well i call both dealer and forest river tomorrow im beginning to wonder if this is gonna turn into a 16k dollar mistake. i have plans for modifying the door once warranty is gone but till then i shouldnt have to. and they can just keep giving me doors of course have to get the first one and then see what happens.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:42 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon497 View Post
miatalou99 yea, and the sticker on mine says 1k each wheel 3k max for ramp itself, i got the bikes in the camper for winter incase we hit bike week in daytona in march... either way when i get the new door on, my bike will be goin in and out of that thing at least 20 times before i even leave the dealer. bow was very noticable after the 3rd time running the bikes in and out, both bikes are around 800 pounds give or take. Toby i here u i told keith that i was beginning to feel as thou i was getting the run around he assured me this wasnt the case, well i call both dealer and forest river tomorrow im beginning to wonder if this is gonna turn into a 16k dollar mistake. i have plans for modifying the door once warranty is gone but till then i shouldnt have to. and they can just keep giving me doors of course have to get the first one and then see what happens.
So how did it go. I don't believe you'll have any issues getting the door replaced under warranty.
Old 11-24-2013, 06:55 PM   #26

Well after a phone call to forest river and a little bit of expletive usage, a week later the ramp door is at the dealer unfortunately they are closed until after the holiday. and will be open for a week or 2 in December so it looks like the door will wait until march or april to be installed. I'm sure as heck going to hold them to the 1 year for the door.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:26 AM   #27

My dealer happily offered an extra year on the door. They also told me that fr said something to the effect that there was not going to be an issue with the door failing while I was sitting on it with my 900lb gold wing. I have nothing in writing unfortunately.

If it were me, I'd be in no hurry to get the door installed. Having the dealer closed works to your advantage IMHO. Get it installed right before the riding season starts. That gives you more time to use it under warranty. A year is a year but that's the way I'd prefer to have it.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:50 AM   #28

and that is exactly why I'm going to wait till spring. and the 1 year I will make sure to get in writing. I also plan to use the ramp a few times before I leave the dealer, it didn't take to many trips up and down to cause this so it should be easy to know if it will happen again. now off to shovel snow.....
Old 03-21-2014, 12:23 PM   #29

Well dropped the hauler off at the dealer today. new rap door and a few other things. sure hope fr stands behind what was said last fall about an extra year on the door or the dealer is gonna have one p o customer and will be calling f.r.
Old 03-21-2014, 02:43 PM   #30

Don't get all worked up over it. My new door has worked well so far. I'm betting fr is interested in a permanent fix too. They've clearly replaced a few so far and at their cost. I just wish the warm weather would get here so I can use mine.
Old 03-22-2014, 11:46 AM   #31

MC Chock

I just purchased the same chock at Harbor Freight. Haven't used it yet but I think it will work to hold the bike upright while tying it down to the floor vs having the bike on the kick stand. You could mount it to the floor, but would be in the way when you remove the MC. I am going to use it in my 19RR.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	STAND 001.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	48153   Click image for larger version

Name:	STAND 002.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	48154  
garytravel55321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:11 AM   #32

I hear you toby, about sick of winter. Had a few days to ride but the dang salt is like a coating of flower up here yet in some spots.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:14 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by garytravel55321 View Post
I just purchased the same chock at Harbor Freight. Haven't used it yet but I think it will work to hold the bike upright while tying it down to the floor vs having the bike on the kick stand. You could mount it to the floor, but would be in the way when you remove the MC. I am going to use it in my 19RR.
I ditched the plastic pucks when they are in trailer, got two rubber cow mats at the local farm store. So far so good I tie the choks to front d ring, the bike front to the chock and the rear of the bike to rear d rings. and have trailered with no issues at all. I didn't wanna drill any more holes to have permanent mount for the chock. hope this helps.
Old 04-02-2014, 02:59 PM   #34

Well picked up the tt today new ramp door installed as well as some caulking and new city water inlet, now to call the f.r. rep apparently my dealer says they wont warranty the new door because the one year warranty is up. This isn't the dealers fault, forest river had no problem delaying the delivery of the new ramp to the dealer mind u dealer inspected and emailed photos july of 2013, ramp wasn't delivered to dealer until November took me 10 plus phone calls to the forest river rep, and promise after promise and still over 5 months to deliver. and then of course winter and now spring when I can use the bikes and trailer. and im told after waiting this long that no warranty well hmmmm, phone call it is.