Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2013, 08:40 AM   #1

2014 Cherokee Wolf Pack 27WP toy hauler

We've had the hauler for about 4 months. We pull it with a 2012 Ford F-350 Super Duty with a weight distributing hitch and a anti sway bar and we've had no issues in the towing. We've camped in it for about 25 nights and other than an unresolved problem with the cable tv wiring it's been fine. We use the bathroom and shower and all works fine. Things that were a waste of money were the rocking swivel chairs that came with the camper. They were in the way always and we ended up putting them in the basement of our house. We carry a small folding table and put it up in their place when we are camping. The table actually comes in very handy. Speaking of the table that came with the unit, it's way too heavy and we've experienced smashed fingers and toes trying to move it. When we set it up it's very wobbly even though I've added extra braces. The laminate on it is pretty cheap and chips very easily. Put crummy laminate on a heavy and hard to move table and guess what.... it's all chipped up. And it's too wide to use as a table when you have the couches folded down. An adult can barely slide their legs between the table and couch. We only use the table if we are taking other people with us and no toys. Otherwise it's just in the way. It's in corner of my shop and it's in the way there too. We also got the fuel station too. I put 20 gallons of gas in it and tried to use it once but the hose was so short it wouldn't reach any of our toys so it's pretty useless. I carry an empty gas can, figure I can pump the gas into the can and then into a vehicle but we've never had a use for it. I suppose if you're in the woods with a 4 wheeler or at a race track it could come in handy but so far it was a waste of big money. The dealer told me that the tie downs were bolted to the frame but they are not. After the first one pulled out of the floor I put new ones in and bolted them to the frame. The door/loading ramp is the scariest part. It's too high/steep and it's slick as ice when wet. Riding a motorcycle up this thing is scary as hell. Almost fell once and Ive been working on a safe modification. I've tried a number of things. The best has been putting jack stands under the door then using a 6'x10' folding ramp as an extension. It's safe and wide but you then have this big extra ramp to find a place for and it's no good for loading a car. I have bought 3 steel ramps 8'x18" that fold in half. I can carry them in the bed of the truck. The 3 ramps side by side will load the bikes with room for feet on both sides and then using 2 of them will load the car (32 Ford). I need to fab a better method of attaching the ramps to the door so they don't slide off or move while loading but I think they will work. It's a pain in the butt and what it really needs is a long extension on the door. Maybe I'll have some time to design and build that over the winter. This is our first camper so our lack of experience hurt us on the above mentioned items but the overall quality of the product was acceptable. Obviously the designers never considred our use of the trailer but I guess they can't think of everything.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:20 AM   #2

We have the Grey Wolf 21RR toy hauler. Have had it a year now and had 38 great nights of camping this summer. We too ditched the heavy tables (2) before we even used the trailer for the first time. We went to Menards and bought a 48" x 24" plastic table with legs that fold and it has been great. Sturdy and we can easily store it when not being used. We only need the one table not two. We have two 50cc scooters that we trailer so we have no issues with the door ramp. BTW, we have a wonderful screen that snaps in over the ramp opening in nice weather and we LOVE it - lets the air circulate and it's much brighter inside!

Enjoy your trailer!
dstrauss2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:19 PM   #3

we have a 2008 295wp 5er toy hauler and we too bought a small plastic table with folding leggs to put where the chairs would go we also have a oven so we use a tv tray table to set a micro on and one to set the tv on so your not looking at the ceiling to watch but i also prop up the door ramp and use and another ramp to that to load with unless you can find a hill to load and unload have never used the gas tank option but we love to open the back and put the screen up
you have to find ways to make it you

Happy camping
muddyrode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:38 PM   #4

The table in the garage has me wondering if the designer of these new ones let his wife do the design because the fit doesn't work. Had a weekend warrior before and everything had a storage solution which left you with a usable cargo trailer. Mine only folds to a coffee table height and then what I'm I supposed to do with it. I have tried to get answers or least voice my dislikes of this with no avail. I to will probably leave it out when hauling toys and get a different table. The only thing I like is being able to put on party deck as a coffee table for use when lounging. But its back at dealer for repairs right now. Brand new in Nov and 10 things getting fixed hopefully. The main being bedroom slide. O its a 376V
Kickingupmudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 10:56 PM   #5

The table is obscenely heavy, bulky, and a general pita to keep anywhere. It's been sitting in the shed and we never take it with us, either. To the OP, my first toy hauler was a 27WP and it had the fuel station. I tried it once and basically wasted 5 gallons of gas. When I had my 19WP built, I told them to not include it. Waste of money and weight.

Tags
cherokee, toy hauler, wolf pack