Old 07-30-2014, 07:15 AM   #91
Trike Rider

why did you not put Jeep in garage and save Gas?

Old 07-30-2014, 08:09 AM   #92

Lol...the garage already had a golf cart and surfboards

Old 08-03-2014, 07:26 AM   #93

My F-350 DRW sags about 3" when loaded and connected. I had replaced the stock fuel tank with a titan 65 gallon tank, and that plus the pin weight of the Vengenance prompted me to get air bags. I went with Air Ride bags. Adding about 50-55 psi to them levels the rig out nicely.
Still waiting on the replacement garage side door from FR. The door is made by Lippert, and according to my dealer, FR used "several different" doors on the vengeance line, so the wait continues. Coming up on a month in the shop already, but just as well, the city decided to re-pave my street, so I couldn't get it home in the driveway this week anyway. Just my luck, they will call Monday ........

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 08-03-2014, 06:36 PM   #94
Trike Rider

Dealer called Friday about the TV radio problem we are having. The factory said it should play radio when Cable is hooked up. Said problem could be in spliter near roof vent. Said bring it in and they could fix it. only problem it is 100 miles one way and I want to use trailer not leave it on lot couple weeks while they look at it. I told them we had driven 400 miles, two round trips , and they need to find a campground near by so they could hook up cable before I bring it in. I would not drive back home to find out again that it was not fixed. S long story short they are going to get trailer middle of Sept. and fix it and take it to camp ground to hook up cable. At least the DEALER is trying to fix the FACTORY problems. Got to give them a good report.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:43 PM   #95

Finally got my fridge fixed. It was only an open circuit, but it took them forever to get to it. The local dealer quoted me $1600 for the Lippert remote control unit itself, but said that it would take 20+ hours for the install. I guess I won't be doing that! Our slide toppers will be $2100 for the metal ones including labor, so those are on order. Porky, talk to your dealer and see if they can put you in the repair queue and call you when they are within a day of getting to you. I had to be very firm to get it, but they agreed. I also found out that it is not possible to put an awning over the patio. Bummer. I love our unit and so does everyone who sees it. Now we just have to fix the small stuff. I can't find anyone local who will even consider doing it as a warranty job. The plastic sheets that velcro's to the back patio doors are peeling off. I think they might be too short. We also had both of the metal pieces attached to the shower glass fall off. Any hints as to what type of adhesive to use would be appreciated. If not, I'll see if someone at the hardware store knows.
TheMusikShoppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 06:00 AM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMusikShoppe View Post
Finally got my fridge fixed. It was only an open circuit, but it took them forever to get to it. The local dealer quoted me $1600 for the Lippert remote control unit itself, but said that it would take 20+ hours for the install. I guess I won't be doing that! Our slide toppers will be $2100 for the metal ones including labor, so those are on order. Porky, talk to your dealer and see if they can put you in the repair queue and call you when they are within a day of getting to you. I had to be very firm to get it, but they agreed. I also found out that it is not possible to put an awning over the patio. Bummer. I love our unit and so does everyone who sees it. Now we just have to fix the small stuff. I can't find anyone local who will even consider doing it as a warranty job. The plastic sheets that velcro's to the back patio doors are peeling off. I think they might be too short. We also had both of the metal pieces attached to the shower glass fall off. Any hints as to what type of adhesive to use would be appreciated. If not, I'll see if someone at the hardware store knows.
If your talking about the velco on the walls I took a staple gun and stapled every 2 ft and it has held up good. I had a led strip light coming off the front nose and got some loctite water proof gel at wally world and it has held up good. May work for your shower.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:20 AM   #97

Well, my Vengeance has been at the dealer for one month. All the little stuff is fixed under warrantee, and they are going to replace the garage side door as well. Problem is, the door has been 'on order' for 3 weeks, and no expected arrival date. They are telling me that 'several different doors' were used on the 2014's and they have to get it from Lippert. Starting to get a little po'ed. Our next, and most likely last trip this year is in three weeks..........

Old 08-10-2014, 12:42 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraboy View Post
Well, my Vengeance has been at the dealer for one month. All the little stuff is fixed under warrantee, and they are going to replace the garage side door as well. Problem is, the door has been 'on order' for 3 weeks, and no expected arrival date. They are telling me that 'several different doors' were used on the 2014's and they have to get it from Lippert. Starting to get a little po'ed. Our next, and most likely last trip this year is in three weeks..........

any news on the remote system?
Old 08-13-2014, 07:34 AM   #99

Was informed by the dealer that the door will be two to three more weeks. The camper has been in the shop for 5 weeks now and they say the door was ordered early in the process. Hard to believe that a side door on a 2014 camper takes 8 weeks. I'm going to pick it up this weekend. We'll tie the door closed from the inside and take our planned trip. They can have it back after that.
The remote system brain box is not installed in mine, so 15-20 hours labor, plus the brain box and remote programming. We will be passing on that. They did quote putting in a third A/C unit in the garage, 1300$. We're gonna pass on that too. The slide toppers are still a viable option for us, it's amazing how much crap is sitting on top of the slides after a day or two.

Old 08-13-2014, 03:42 PM   #100

My wife and I picked our 39r12 up about two weeks ago. We have our first trip planned in a couple of weeks. I'll let you guys know how everything goes. We are super excited about it. I have made a list of things to check before we go. Based on things that have been posted. So far everything we've tried has worked properly. I haven't hooked up sat or cable yet. ( I don't have cable at home ). Guess we will see how it goes.

riznfall is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags