Old 08-24-2014, 10:40 AM   #111
Trike Rider

Angry Caution watch out for this!!!!!!!

CAUTION WATCH OUT FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When putting slide outs out watch to see that there has nothing fallen between the slide out and outside wall. Especially at the kitchen area near the stove. it is dark and hard to see. I learned the hard way that things will come out of the shelves and drop down on floor behind the wall trim. I get to replace a trim panel of the slide out because of this.

Old 08-30-2014, 08:43 AM   #112

Battery cutoff switch bad. Got camper back from dealer, barely had enough power to raise front landing gear. A week later, battery is dead, after being plugged in for the week. With help from this forum, traced back to cutoff switch. It was open, even tho the key was 'on' got a new switch from local dealer, and all good now.
During this evolution, I had taken the battery box cover off, and the cheapo plastic battery box has sagged way down between the metal supports. I strapped it for now, but I'm going to build a new box out of steel. As was said earlier, these boxes are not in stock anyway, and why put in another plastic box that will soon fail anyway. Like porky said, check that battery box!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Old 08-30-2014, 08:54 AM   #113

I'll have to check the battery box as well. I did have to caulk the shower as others have had. Thanks to replays on here I was prepared. I also had issues with the cable and sat. Inputs. The campground had cable. When I plugged into the cable input nothing on any tv. Moved cable line to the first sat input and had it on all tv's. Still have to figure out a bad connection to the tv in the garage. The master bedroom and living room tv are crystal clear. The one in the garage is fuzzy. The only two other issues I've had so far is I don't think the ac unit in the master gets cold enough. It was only in the lower 80's and it was on max and hardly was cold and the refrigerator was also set on the coldest setting and I felt it was struggling. Has anyone else had any problems playing dvd's in the stereo in the garage? Mine will play and you'll hear sound. But no video on the tv itself.
riznfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 03:08 PM   #114

Camped all week at Drummer Boy campground in Gettysburg. We'll be pulling out tomorrow for 3 days in Ohio and then home. Riding back into the campground this afternoon, we spotted another 39R12 We stopped by their site, but no one home. This is the first one, other than ours, that we have seen since we got ours in April. The one we saw had Delaware temp tags on the RV. If you are on here Delaware, speak up would sure like to chat with ya!!

Old 09-06-2014, 05:58 PM   #115

Well I have figured out the connections for sat. and cable inputs. Just relabeled them. Also got the DVD player showing video. How was camping at drummer boy. I have thought about staying there several times. We have stayed at round top and artillery ridge.

Tim
Vengeance touring edition 39R12
2012 Ram 3500 DRW
Old 09-06-2014, 06:10 PM   #116

Drummer Boy was nice! Of course it was crowded over the Labor Day weekend, but a lot if folks left Sunday. Very quiet this whole week. We would stay again, if we get over this way, it's 600 miles from home.

Old 09-06-2014, 06:17 PM   #117

Thanks. I'll have to take a closer look next time we decide to head up there.

Tim
Vengeance touring edition 39R12
2012 Ram 3500 DRW
Old 09-07-2014, 04:41 PM   #118
Trike Rider

we have not seen another touring fifth wheel except at the dealer when we went in for repairs. I guess they are slowly getting out there. We were at Big South Fork over the Holiday and got to see an Eagle released back in the wild after they fixed its Leg and wing that was broken. It was about four years old.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1844.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	372.6 KB
ID:	62314   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1843.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	324.5 KB
ID:	62315  
Old 09-08-2014, 07:10 PM   #119

Cool pics! Camped at KOA in Streersboro/Cleveland for a couple nights on our way home. Getting a lot of comments like ' how long is that?' Or 'that's the biggest toy hauler ice ever seen'
Then I take two full size Harley trikes out, and it starts over again, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 09-08-2014, 08:47 PM   #120

I was asked pulling into a RV Park if I brought my house?

Tags