Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2014, 09:47 PM   #41

Andros, that's a good question! I called and searched the web, called the dealer, all to no avail. All I wanted was to know where to drill the hole for the dryer vent. (It's not marked) I did a small test hole thru the paneling, and hit the edge of the aluminum frame, and adjusted from there. It would really be nice to see a structural drawing!
Ultraboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 04:46 PM   #42

Fuel Tank / Fuel Fill

Have you guys put fuel in your fuel tank yet? Any issues? My fill is mounted slightly lower than the tank making it impossible to put any fuel in. Have any of you experienced this issue? Would you mind sharing photos of your fill and under the apron to see how they did your set up?
Andros1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:07 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andros1 View Post
Have you guys put fuel in your fuel tank yet? Any issues? My fill is mounted slightly lower than the tank making it impossible to put any fuel in. Have any of you experienced this issue? Would you mind sharing photos of your fill and under the apron to see how they did your set up?
I don't have a problem until about 3/4 full. Then it will kick nozzle off if I don't go slow. My old toyhauler u had to go slow with the nozzle handle at 3 o'clock position. U may have to experiment different angles. I see no way of changing without cosmetics changes.making it higher than tank.
Kickingupmudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:25 AM   #44

Same situation as kickingupmud. Only 3/4 or so.
Old 06-17-2014, 08:35 AM   #45

Finally camped at a campground with cable tv. Hooked up cable from park to "cable" connector. Turned off antenna booster in bedroom, and moved tv cable to aux input. Did search, and all channels were found. Great! Tried everything for the main tv in living room, moved tv cable to aux, nothing. Tried various other connection possibilities, all of which did not work. Tried hooking up campground cable to both satellite plugs, nothing. Only tv that will get the campground cable stations is the bedroom tv, with booster off, and tv cable moved to aux. Didn't try the garage tv, as it's just to hard to get off the wall.
Any suggestions?
Old 06-17-2014, 10:43 AM   #46
Trike Rider

We had similar problem. Hooked up TV . Turned off booster. Nothing. We had to hook up cable in middle st inlet. All TV worked. But Radio would not work in garage. We are taking it in for repair today. Auto level will not work right either it will level then one side will go to far and default. We also have a loud fan noise in Ref fan . It has to get hot outside before it comes on.

Sent from my MZ617 using Forest River Forums mobile app
porky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 10:44 AM   #47
Trike Rider

TV was still in same outlet as Best for all this.

Old 06-17-2014, 10:45 AM   #48
Trike Rider

Should be booster not best

Old 06-17-2014, 08:57 PM   #49

Good info for my next attempt! We moved to Grand Junction Co. KOA today. Staying 2 weeks. They have cable here, but I'll have to pick up a longer cable tomorrow. In the case of the bedroom tv, it worked on cable with the booster off and tv input switched to the 'other' connection on the ceiling. When I moved the cable to one of the satellite inputs, the b/r tv did not work, so mine may be labeled correctly. Don't know why there are two sat inputs. And no real explanation of how it's wired, and how to operate without trial and error. The antenna works well and is easy to tune, but I do have a dish tailgater I'd like to finally get to try out.
We had the same problem with the leveling jacks when we picked ours up. There were two wires reversed, and the dealer mechanic found and corrected it quickly.
We have camped in the Vengenance 10 nights since we got it in April, and we'll be here two weeks. Momma is loving her washer dryer, beats the crap outta hanging around campground laundromats! All in all we are very happy with this one, our 6th camper and 4th toy hauler!

Good luck!
Old 06-18-2014, 02:12 PM   #50
Trike Rider

in a hurry

Sounds like Forest River got in a hurry to get the new models out and made a few mistakes. We have spent a total of 23 nights at different times and places. We even stopped at Wal-mart the other day and I cranked Gen up and cooled everything off as She shopped. We have used tv antenna with Boost and Cable two different times. Have not looked into Sat as of yet. Towed it about 2500 miles total. Like the way it handles better than the other one, a 2005 KZ Sportster toy hauler with Two axles. It is in shop now getting the bugs worked out.

Watch your Battery box the bottom part where the side meets the rail, is starting to break and they have ordered a new one.
Old 06-18-2014, 08:40 PM   #51

fuel tanks

Do you guys have one or two fuel tanks and fills on your touring edition units?
Old 06-19-2014, 06:56 AM   #52
Trike Rider

gas tanks

I have Two one for the Gen only and one for the toys. there is a switch that changes the gauge from one tank to the other to see how much is in each tank.
Old 06-19-2014, 10:02 AM   #53

I have two tanks as well.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:43 AM   #54

Got a longer cable and found that the furthest outside 'satellite' connector allows cable to the main tv. Wall cable behind main tv must be moved to the upper wall connector. Campground cable needs to be on 'cable' inlet for bedroom tv to get cable. When main tv is receiving cable, garage tv gets about half the cable stations. The garage radio still worked during all of these cable swaps.
I'm gonna get a splitter today and connect campground cable to 'cable' and outside sat connector at the same time, and see if cable works on b/r and main tv's. I'll also try the center sat connector and see what that may do. If I can get cable to main and b/r tv's at the same time, I'll prolly let it go at that, as we don't use the garage tv. Next attempt will be to try the tailgater.
Other than the kitchen sink falling into the cabinet, this tv hookup crapola has been the most frustrating part of this new Vengenance. We do love the living area, and have now been on the road with it for 11 days, with 11 days to go before heading home. Porky, I checked the battery box, and all seems well there. I'm prolly going to add the second battery on the left side.
Only one new problem cropped up recently. The refer will not switch to gas when 'auto' is selected. For now I'm switching the refer to LP before I unhook to move.
BTW, Colorado is beautiful. Been riding every day around here!
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1403275365.514822.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	1,015.1 KB
ID:	55832Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1403275396.332978.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	55833
Old 06-21-2014, 01:00 PM   #55

Got a splitter and hooked up campground cable to 'cable' and outside 'sat' connector. Main tv and b/r tv now both get cable. I'm done screwing with it for now, too much nice riding here in Colorado to mess with that stuff.
Old 06-22-2014, 03:15 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraboy View Post
I have two tanks as well.
For some reason mine has only one tank. will check this week to see if the fuel station and the gen is hooked up to the one tank.
Old 06-22-2014, 06:46 PM   #57

Does the tank have the fueling station hose? Did the dealer run the genny during your pre-delivery inspection?
Old 06-22-2014, 08:08 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraboy View Post
Does the tank have the fueling station hose? Did the dealer run the genny during your pre-delivery inspection?
The fueling station has a hose, gauge and pump switch that turns on. They were not able to start the gen because they couldn't get fuel in the tank. The fill was mounted lower than the tank. The only reason i found out there was only one tank was because the dealer had another unit same as mine in stock and the service dept and i went to look at the fuel set up to trouble shoot my fill issue. that's when we realized there was only one tank. I think they completely forgot the second tank because the dealer doesn't see it as an option on the their list. I really love the layout of this unit and the punch out is minimal but all stupid stuff that could have been easily avoided by either taking time or a good QC guy. Forest River has some work do do in the quality dept...

all this said they are going to check it out tomorrow and see if everything is hooked to the one tank.
Old 06-22-2014, 09:32 PM   #59

Wow! What a pain! I would demand that you get what u paid for. In my case, I have regular gas in the genny tank, and hi-test in the "toy" tank. If that was your plan too, you'll either have to run the genny on hi test, or, at the least, get a discount for only 1 tank, as both tanks are supposed to be standard equipment.
Old 06-23-2014, 10:35 AM   #60

Is yours a 2014 or 2015? I see on the FR web site that the 2015 39r12 has one 40 gallon fuel tank w/pump/hose, but the second tank is "optional" I believe two tanks were standard on the 2014 models.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Tags