Old 07-01-2014, 03:50 PM   #71

Thanks! Good to know. It does have the auto level. Our old trailer was manual everything. I will not be missing that!

TheMusikShoppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:29 AM   #72

See if you can get the dealer to explain the cable and satellite hook-ups to you. It seems that all of these are wired differently. Our refer would not auto switch to LP when shore power was disconnected, and you might try to find a big parking lot to practice a few backing maneuvers. I, like most found backing a fifth wheel easier that a TT. Other than that, pay attention, make sure you know how every thing works, ask questions, make them show you everything!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Old 07-03-2014, 11:05 AM   #73

We picked up our trailer yesterday and during the pdi, we discovered something strange. The generator will only power the living room/kitchen ac. We could not get it to power the bedroom ac; even if we turn everything off first. Did anyone else have this problem? They are checking with Forest River this morning to try and solve it. We didn't get to ask any questions about the TV's. Will try to do so today. They all work connected to shore power though.
Old 07-03-2014, 07:52 PM   #74

Never tried that, but will tomorrow with the generator.

Old 07-07-2014, 06:49 AM   #75

New problem cropped up with my 39r12. The side door to the garage popped open when we were rolling thru the middle of downtown Omaha at rush hour. The wife was driving, and I was dozing. A truck driver alerted us to the problem, and we were able to pull off (barely) When I jumped out and looked at the door, the frame was all warped up and the frame around the door itself had peeled back, making it impossible to close it. There was no damage from the door hitting anything. I used a pair of pliers to straighten the door enough to close it, jumped inside and tied some bungee cords to the door. I had made sure the deadbolt was set before we left, but it had vibrated back in. I set the deadbolt again, and by the time we stopped for the night, the deadbolt had worked to the open position again. I realize there is some flex as you roll down the road, but is don't believe the deadbolt should come out that easily. We'll see what the dealer says today when I tell him I need a new door.

Old 07-07-2014, 11:22 AM   #76

We'll I guess it's a bad week for 39R12s! We are in Winnemucca NV and our fridge has stopped working! It has the error code E3 which means cooling unit failure. Of course I filled the fridge and freezer. Brad's RV in Reno is going to slip us in when we get there later today. I'm going to get some dry ice to try to keep stuff frozen. The service tech said that should be OK.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:39 AM   #77

We checked our garage door and it looks fine. That really stinks. I hope that they can do something for you.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:49 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMusikShoppe View Post
We'll I guess it's a bad week for 39R12s! We are in Winnemucca NV and our fridge has stopped working! It has the error code E3 which means cooling unit failure. Off course I filled the fridge and freezer. Brad's RV in Reno is going to slip us in when we get there later today. I'm going to get some dry ice to try to keep stuff frozen. The service tech said that should be OK.
When I got my 376v it came with the 18 cf residential fridge. Wife loved it but made dry camping hard as its all electric. That is until I installed a 2000 watt psw invertor and 2 group 57 bayterys and a 100 watt solar panel. Now I love it two. We do a lot of off road with s side by side (utv not fridge) and the campground will let u leave your camper in same space on sunday if your not hooked to there utilities and its not a holiday. Last time we rode left at 9 am returned at 5 pm and still had 89% battery left and it was a cloudy day. Very pleased with this and if fridge takes a dump I'll go to box store and buy another for 400-500 bucks. Took some work to make me like it but if mamas happy I'm happy. I hate to hear your already having trouble so soon. Them bugs call spoil a good trip. Maybe it will be an easy fix
Old 07-10-2014, 07:28 AM   #79

My 39r12 is at the dealer now. Had a small punch list, which they have corrected. I had a folding stair handle, like the one on the main entrance door, installed in place of the garage side door grab handle installed. This will help keep the door closed in the future. In the meantime, FR is 'considering' my warrantee claim on the damaged garage side door. I told the service advisor it had better be covered, and he agrees. We are less than an hour away from the factory, so i should be able to get a new door pretty quickly. After loading the toys, I have always set the deadbolt inside, and locked both locks outside. Every time we have stopped, the deadbolt is no longer engaged. Anyone else have their deadbolt work open while traveling ?
I'm also having them work up an estimate on installing a third A/C unit in the garage.

Old 07-10-2014, 03:37 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraboy View Post
My 39r12 is at the dealer now. Had a small punch list, which they have corrected. I had a folding stair handle, like the one on the main entrance door, installed in place of the garage side door grab handle installed. This will help keep the door closed in the future. In the meantime, FR is 'considering' my warrantee claim on the damaged garage side door. I told the service advisor it had better be covered, and he agrees. We are less than an hour away from the factory, so i should be able to get a new door pretty quickly. After loading the toys, I have always set the deadbolt inside, and locked both locks outside. Every time we have stopped, the deadbolt is no longer engaged. Anyone else have their deadbolt work open while traveling ?
I'm also having them work up an estimate on installing a third A/C unit in the garage.

I'm confused. The deadbolt on the inside is the same as one of the keyholes on the outside. U said u lock the dead bolt and then the two outside. Your not by chance unlocking deadbolt from outside with key. One key goes in handle to pull open and will only turn 1/2 turn. The one below is the deadbolt and if u turn top off key toward grab handle u lock deadbolt if u turn top of key away from grab handle u unlock dead bolt. I don't believe a folding handle will keep door closed either.

Tags